St Bernadette's

12th March 2013

| 1 Comment

Congratulations to St Bernadette’s Choir and Mrs Collins for an excellent performance at the Glasgow Music Festival.  I am really proud to announce a 3rd place award for our choir!  We have also had individual successes in the speaking competitions at Hamilton College over the last few days when Rachel Hughes, Emily MacFarlane, Sophie Oates, Grace Quinn, Talia Reid and Anna Quinn delivered their poems with confidence and style. Well done girls!   Well done also to those who took part in Walk to School Week.  It was a great effort by staff and pupils!

In school, Money Week is in full flow, I am sure the children will learn valuable lessons through their work this week.  As always I know you will be very supportive in the Lenten charities work which is taking place in each class.

We are all very busy at the moment preparing the school for the return visit from HMI next week.  Today we had a visit from Robert Dalzell QIO who was very impressed with the children and the quality of their work on display.  I have added some photos to let you see how well the school is looking.

As we continue to look for ways to further engage pupils in their learning it was agreed at our staff meeting yesterday, that our children should be involved in the Parents’ Evening appointments if they and their parents wish.  I think it will be a very valuable experience for the children to take part in a discussion about their progress and learning along with their parents.  It would be interesting to get your opinions on this.  Parents’ Evening takes place on Wednesday 27th March.

Next week we are also looking forward to having our book fair and the Easter Enterprise Fair with Clydeview School.  I hope to see many parents and friends of the school come along to support us.  I’m sure you’ll find lots of great bargains for Easter Gifts.  In addition P2/1 will be performing their class assembly.  I saw some of the rehearsals yesterday and it is looking great!

Each morning at 8.25am we continue to have a good representation of children at the Lenten Mass.  Our p7 pupils are doing very well at the readings – it is going to be  difficult to decide who will be chosen to do the readings at Confirmation.  You can certainly expect a very high standard!  Please come along to join us at the Mass if you can. Also a reminder to the P6 & P7 pupils about the Faith Friends group set up by Father Stephen at 10am on Sunday mornings, unfortunately many children did not attend last week.  I sincerely hope for a better turn out this week.

Tomorrow our P4 class are going on an outing to the Riverside Museum in Glasgow and the People’s Palace.  This is to support the class project on Glasgow.  I am sure they will have a great time and learn lots.

P3 are also out on Thursday to visit Strathclyde Park which is their topic for this term.  The children have been involved in all sorts of learning including designing new rides for the theme park!

One Comment