P3K Home School Learning 4 May 20 – Week 4

Hello Everyone

I have been missing seeing you all on a Friday but Mrs Kirkman and I have been keeping in touch and I’m so pleased to see how well you are getting on doing your lessons at home.  Seeing your smiley faces in photos has made me feel happy 😊

Here are some lessons and activities for you to complete this week.  Please do not feel you have to complete them all, just whatever feels right for your child and family set up.   Take care everyone and remember to email photos etc.  Can’t wait to see how you get on with your learning.

Lots of love from Mrs Kendrick xx

Reading – Read a book of your own choice (one from the Oxford Owls website you used last week or a book of your own from home) and complete a book review.  Here’s one you can use if you wish.

Book Review 

Grammar – In class we have been learning about nouns.  Remember nouns are naming words.  Follow the work below and complete the task at the end.  There is also a fun extra challenge.

Nouns

Numeracy – Keep practising your number skills.  Play snakes and ladders etc with your family.  Spend time on Sumdog and Active Learn games will be added.  Use a ruler to measure the length of things around the house in centimetres (cm)  Try estimating first and then measure. Was your estimate close? Record your measurements on a piece of paper.  You could also practise drawing lines with a ruler.  Write down how long each line is.  REMEMBER to start at 0cm on the ruler.

Topic Work – We have been learning about Australia.  I’m sure you will remember lots about this country.  Have a read over of the information in the link below and have a go of the quiz at the end.  You could even read the quiz to your family.  I wonder how they will get on!!

Australia Quiz

Writing – I remember you loved learning about Australian animals.  So for writing this week I thought we could do Animal Fact Files.  Read over the information in the link below about lots of different animals. Then choose your favourite and write a fact file about it.   I have included a blank one below which you can use or you can make up your own one.  You might even choose to display your information on a poster instead. I wonder which animal you will choose?

Your fact file should include

• a title e.g. Kangaroos
  • a picture of your animal
  • what it eats (writing and picture)
  • where it lives (writing and picture)
  • 2 interesting facts

Australian Animal Writing Part 1

Australian Animal Writing Part 2

Health and Well-Being  – There are lots of things you can do to keep active while you are in your home.  Here’s a way to keep your mind and body active and have lots of fun at the same time.  You can print off the sheet below or make up your own fun Scavenger game.  Have a look and see.  There are lots of other ones on the internet.  Take a photo showing all the things you found and send it to us.

Health and Well Being Scavenger Hunt

Other Learning –  In class we were going to be making this tasty Australian treat.  It’s very simple to make.  You only need three ingredients and a tiny bit of help from a grown up. Please remember to take photos and send them to us. Enjoy!!!

Fairy Bread

Other Learning – VE Day

VE Day Art

Have fun with your learning and take care

Love Mrs Kendrick 😊

FROM A LITTLE ACORN GROWS A MIGHTY OAK