The present sandstone building was opened in 1936, serving the area of Bishopmill in Elgin. The catchment includes mixed, private and public housing and stretches from Lossiemouth Road to Sheriffmills. The school has accommodation for a maximum of fourteen classes, with general purpose areas. A new sports hall, reception and four classrooms were added to the school building in June 2007.
The school grounds offer a safe and stimulating environment with a large grassy area, a tarmac playground, a play park and an adventure trail. There is also a quiet zone outside the P7 classrooms.
Outdoor learning is also incorporated as part of the learning. The School has raised funds for a new outdoor learning classroom in the site of the millennium garden. Work is in progress and we look forward to completion.