The present sandstone building was opened in 1936, serving the area of Bishopmill in Elgin. The catchment includes mixed, private and public housing and stretches from Lossiemouth Road to Sheriffmills. The school has accommodation for a maximum of fourteen classes, with general purpose areas. A new sports hall, reception and four classrooms were added to the school building in June 2007. The school grounds offer a safe and stimulating environment with a large grassy area, a tarmac playground, a play park and an adventure trail. The latest addition is the ‘Acorn Quiet Zone’ outside the upper stage classrooms. This area’s latest feature is the ‘Bishy Boa’ made in the first lockdown. Outdoor learning is also incorporated as part of the learning. Our outdoor classroom is situated in the old site of the millennium garden.