Reflections for week 4/5 Term2

What a busy 2 weeks we have had here in Inveravon Primary these are a few of the childrens reflections.

Fraser P6

In German last week I found it fun as I had to revise over our colours and numbers and also complete a word search in German about pets. I feel I am a confident individual in German and I like to share my learning with my parents.

I felt good for reading this week as Miss Smith trusted us to be left and read in a group. I was also being a effective contributor and helped to manage the team.  I found the passages we were reading very dramatic and powerful and brought some of us close to tears.  I really like Michael Murpurgo writing techniques as he really makes you want to jump into the scene and help the character.

Olivia P5

In the Lego dance we are learning to be a successful learner and make links from our maths to our PE. I have made the link by using my knowledge about left and right ,forwards and backwards to create dance steps.

In reading we have been using techniques to understand text. I have used sentence phrase word to build my understanding of the text. The reading this week I found very emotional because Joey got hurt and his friends died. The author was very expressive with his words with lots of bumps and waves.

James P2

In maths I was doing position and movements and learning clockwise and anti-clockwise. I know a clock works clockwise so that helps me to remember which way is which.. I also was doing 1/4 and 1/2 turns and 360’s turn. I found it fun. I was being a successful learner this week in maths as I was able to make links in my learning using the clock.

Julia and Theresa helped us in German last week by helping us name animals. They also gave us a word search in German to find all the animals that were on the list.I really enjoy German as the girls make it fun and I really want to learn a new language.

Rowan P4

I was doing a word search in German all about pets and found it a bit challenging. I also did some revision work on my colours and had to read the colours in German and colour them in the right colour. I really enjoy German as I haven’t tried any other language.

I found when doing multiplying math’s down on the floor with Miss Smith really hard as I don’t know what strategies I need to use. I am confident enough to say I don’t get it. I do find it gets easier when I hear how others use different strategies to solve it. I need a lot more work on this to help.