News letter November

Dear Parents and Children I hope this newsletter finds you all well and surviving the gloom of November and the darker nights. I can’t believe that we are already more than half way through the month and got a shock yesterday when someone mentioned that we only have four weeks of term left after this one. That is a bit scary but we are launching the Christmas show today (aaaagh!) which is exciting for us all. I can guarantee that we will all be busy, busy, busy! Disco Regretfully I have taken the decision to cancel the disco which had been due to take place tomorrow night at Inveravon. There was little interest from other schools which made it unviable both financially and from a social interaction point of view. Maybe we can try again in the Spring term. Obstacle-athon Well what a great afternoon we had and the children were very wearied but happy by the end of it. It was great to see so many parents in school supporting the children and generally making the event the enormous success that it was. Thank you so much…all of you! If there is any sponsor money outstanding please try to get it back to us as soon as possible. So far we have collected just over £300 which is awesome. Winter Weather We recently issued all the Winter Weather information about school closures due to adverse weather etc and I do urge you to keep it all near to hand as the horrendous snowfall in America could well be coming our way in the next few weeks. It is the season for it so we must be prepared. As always I speak to Colin about road conditions before I make a decision in the morning and if either of us are in any doubt then I don’t open the school as the health and safety of the children is my utmost concern. However quite often we open when other schools don’t so on these occasions if you feel strongly that you don’t want your child travelling in snowy conditions the final decision about that will rest with you. Can you also make sure that if the conditions are wet and or snowy, that the children wear suitable clothes and footwear as we do encourage them to be outside if it is fair and dry above. Sledges can be brought to school on really snowy days as long as they are named. If children are sledging they must have waterproofs on as well. Parents Evening I think this should be renamed family night which was what one of the children described it as. It was certainly lovely to see everyone chatting together and sharing experiences over coffee and the lovely cakes. I am sure that you were all just as proud of the children as we were, as they took you through their learning over the last few months. It was impressive to see them conversing so easily in German and I have been particularly inspired by some of the comments and observations the children made about their “Community” study. Thank you all for coming and making it such a special evening. Festive Arrangements From now on we will be constantly rehearsing the Christmas Show aptly called “ Not Such a Silent Night” I think you can guess some of the main characters but once again there is a slightly different slant. Last year it was all about a profit driven donkey seller finally getting the message and this year sees Larry Lamb (nil points for originality there then) causing a bit of chaos by getting lost on his way to Bethlehem. The children are up for it and so are we. Happy days ahead I think! The show will be performed in the school on Tuesday December 16th starting at 7pm with the usual Festive Fayre afterwards. All are welcome and please bring along family and friends as it is always such a great night with everyone together. Panto Thursday Dec 11th Our trip to the Panto usually heralds the start of the silly season and this year will be no different I am sure. Aladdin will be up to his usual tricks at Eden Court in Inverness and I know the children will love it……..they always do. They will all be home later than usual that night and will be collected by parents from school…..usually the back of five but it varies depending on weather etc. We will issue an information flyer in the next few weeks along with a permission slip. The children will need a packed lunch on the day which they eat on the bus just before they go in to Eden Court. This year we are requesting £3 from each child to help with the cost of the bus which is being paid for by the parent Council along with the entry charge. Christmas Lunch This has been arranged for Friday December 12th Church Service We will continue with our tradition of joining with the staff, children and parents from Glenlivet Primary School at the End of Term Service in Inveravon Church on Thursday Dec 18th at 10am. You are all warmly invited to join us as we celebrate Christmas together followed by a “fly cup” back up at the school. Children’s Party Party frocks and glad rags are the order of the day for the afternoon of Thursday 18th as the children and staff let their hair down together at our annual Christmas Party. Parents are invited to join us later in the afternoon along with another special and very seasonal visitor at approx. 2.30pm but more information will follow nearer the time. All children will go home that day at 3.15pm. I think that just about rounds up the next few weeks and of course in between all that we are still expecting the children to work hard and be the best they can. We look forward to reading your comments in the blue home –school folders as they tell great stories about what the children are learning and of their successes and achievements. I have attached a brief version of all the dates for the diary for you to use as a reminder of what is happening. As ever I really look forward to seeing you all over the coming weeks as we share in the “magic” that is Inveravon Primary

Kindest regards

Mrs Smith Head Teacher