Goodbye…

Hello…

This is probably the last post I will ever get to put on here, as I no longer go to Mayfield Primary School, which means I am no longer involved in the Mayfield Media Moguls. I just want to say goodbye, me and my friend Alana miss primary school very much but we are enjoying ourselves so much. We definitely miss our primary 7 teacher and so do the rest of my class from last year, we think about her all the time!!!

High school is great and to all of you that are afraid or nervous, I can assure you that you won’t be the only one! I was so nervous, but on the first day I already had so many new friends and I was welcomed with open arms by my homeroom teacher. Well, not actually but she was very nice! There is nothing to be afraid of! I remember the biggest thing I was worried about was getting lost and being late, but the school is so simple to find your way and there are signs EVERYWHERE! 

It is a big change to go from primary to secondary but everything will be okay in the end. I miss all of you at Mayfield, and to all of the new primary ones that I never got to meet, the primary sevens better be nice and welcoming!!!

Goodbye…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh. Xxx

CLUSTER CAMP 2016!!!!!

Okay, it has been a long time since anybody has posted on here and I apologize for that!!!120419-kingswood-040

Basically something really exciting is happening to my class and I’m here to write about it, then once I come back I will write about it more in great detail.

Cluster Camp.

P7’s are going to camp on Tuesday, somewhere in England. Not too far away though!!!

We are going to have so much fun!!! It is a great chance to meet new people and have the best time of our lives!!!

For me it is going to be quite challenging, as I, along with others in my class, have a massive fear of heights. Most of the activities at camp involve heights so I’m really going to have to challenge myself. 

One of the activities is called ‘The Leap Of Faith’ and I don’t know about you but I think that sounds really scary!!! You basically have to climb up a big wooden pole, then when you get to the top you will be standing on a platform. About the size of a ruler (maybe two) away, there is another platform. All you need to do is jump to it. It doesn’t sound too bad, but when you’re at the top of the pole and you are looking down or across at the platform. It is possibly the scariest feeling ever.

Now, don’t quote me on anything I say in this post about camp, because I haven’t been yet and I don’t have a clue how scary it is. We will be completely safe and harnessed in for all of it, so there really isn’t anything to be afraid of. I personally just think of how I will be and bail out. I’ve promised myself and my teacher that I am going to attempt to try all the activities!!!

Have you been to camp? Even if it wasn’t with your school, have you went camping at all???

I remember over a year ago I went to Beamish with my class for my topic. That was SO fun!!! I wish I could go back, it just means that my P7 camp has some competition!!! 🙂 

Now, I do apologize for not posting anything, but I promise that I’m going to try to post as much as I can before the summer holidays!!!

I will be writing about my time at camp soon, so be ready for that, but for now, think about what I’ve said and hopefully it will inspire you to go out and do some activities you might be afraid to do!!!

See you soon…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh Xxx

The Holidays!!!

Although it’s the middle of the February break, I took time to write a new post as I feel like nobody has posted in a while, I kind of miss it!

Today I feel like writing about something my class has been working on. If you don’t know, I’m in primary 7.

We have been working on something called the 1 pound challenge. You may have heard of it before. The story behind it is that there was once a man that was rich, but he gambled all his money and lost everything. He then became homeless and poor. The man found £1 lying on the ground, and bought something to sell. He made a bunch of money from selling the thing he bought with that small pound coin and bought something else with the money he gained. He took the profit from selling that and bought another thing, and the man kept going. He is now a millionare. So my class decided to do our own version. We were each given a pound to buy something, and it is going extremely well!

There has been a lot of ideas already. We have been selling brownies, marshmallow top hats, drawings, even stress balls!

Maybe you should try it someday, it is an amazing and very smart way to make money! 

Hope you’re having a wonderful break from school!

See you soon…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh Xxx

Winter Weather

The weather has been a bit funny this week…

One minute there is a huge storm and then the next it is sunny with no clouds.

IMG_6525I feel like this is probably the saddest time of the year. It’s mostly the weathers fault. Since it is all rainy and horrible outside, that what we feel like inside! Well, it is almost spring! The sun is starting to show itself a tiny bit more often than before and right after Christmas, which is a good sign. By Summer the school will have so much going on!!! I will almost be in high school lets try not to think too far into the future… 

I just had a look at all the other posts of new people introducing themselves and they are absolutely great!!! This may sound weird but I’m saying it anyway… 

I’m actually quite proud! I’m proud of this blog and the amount of posts on it already, I’m proud of me and my friends for being so dedicated and excited about it and most of all, I am so proud of our school for doing so much. It’s a good thing we do a lot, otherwise I wouldn’t know what to write on here! I’d have writers block for days!!!

It was the Scottish assembly yesterday, me and my friends Lewis, Aimee and Christopher were all chosen last minute to go up to the front in assembly and speak about what we have been focusing on. 

I told you before but just if you didn’t see it or have forgotten, we were focusing on famous Scots!

I did take loads of pictures to post for you to see…

Unfortunately I’m writing this at home right now so I don’t have the photos. I have a feeling somebody else will tell you ALL about the Scottish assembly. The reason I say that is because my friend, Alana actually told me she wanted to write about it. So I will probably be giving her the photos to put on her post. You just need patience!

This blog was a bit pointless but I just wanted to say how proud I am, that we had a Scottish assembly and about how me and my friends are all so excited for Spring!

See you soon…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh. Xxx

Hello

Hello, I am Abbie.  I am in Primary 7 and I have just started writing on this blog. I am going to report about all the exciting things that have been going on in my class.

Well, It’s Scot’s week in our school and in my class everybody has being finding out about a famous Scottish person.  We had the choice to make a power point, print or hand- write our presentations.  They were all very good! We had to share our presentation to others in the class.  That was a bit nerve-wracking!

We all done drawings of the person we researched and we are using Ifunface app to make our drawings talk and move. We will share 3 or 4 facts about our famous Scot and the audience will try to guess who it is.

Goodbye for now

Abbie xxx

Company!!!

cropped-image22.jpg

Guess what!!!

Our little crowd of reporters has expanded!!!

Now, instead of it just being me and my friend Alana, there is a whole group of people that will be writing on here. There is about 15 of us now. So exciting!!!

I’m sure the others will be just as dedicated as me and Alana are, and that they will introduce themselves and hopefully they will make a good impression. First impression counts!!!

It is so exciting that others are writing on here, and it isn’t just me. It may not seem it, but it is.

How are you guys? I always talk about myself and my friends. I never really think that people will actually be reading this! :’D

My class, which is P7, were running about this morning. It was almost as if we were a pack of headless chickens that had way too much sugar! Now, before you jump to any conclusions, or think that we are a bunch of weirdos! It is all because we now have our school pictures, and it isn’t just the regular ones that you get every year. This time we have gotten a frame with ALL of our school photos in it. From primary 2 to the last picture we took. Which was primary 6. We are yet to take our last picture. I’m probably going to cry when that happens. I always cry when it is the last of anything. The last Christmas party, the last disco. I’m not the only one!!!

I’m so excited for the weeks to come with all the new bloggers!!!

See you soon…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh. Xxx

New year…

scotland_grungy_flag_by_think0

It’s a new year, and the school is tired and mourning the fact that Christmas is officially over!

Well…

Maybe not my class, they’re even more hyper than before!

We are lovely really! It’s just nice to greet all of your friends again!

The school got busy straight away after we came back from the Christmas holidays, getting ready for Scottish week. A week where we learn all about something from Scotland, this year my class are focusing on Scottish celebrities. There are so many!!!

David Tennant, who played The Doctor in Doctor Who. I’m focusing on a guy named Connor Ball, because he is in my favourite band… My friend Alana – who also posts on this blog – is focusing on the Proclaimers. I absolutely love that band, and a lot of people in the school are obsessed. (Especially the teachers!!!)

My class have been working on translating a famous children’s book into Scottish. It seems easy, it’s really not!!! The books are…

Owl Babies ~ Hoolit Bearns

Please Don’t Talk To The Bus Driver ~ Please Dinnae Blether Tae The Bus Driver

It took a long time just to think of the title! Now we have to actually remake the book, illustrations and all!

Do you know any good stories that have been translated into Scottish? Have you done it before? If so, was it difficult? Let us know!

The school has been cooped up in our classrooms because of the weather, so now when we go outside it’s extra special! It has been snowing all week! It’s very icy and frosty, just the way I like it! I’m pretty sure a lot of people in the school prefer winter to anything else!

Have you been enjoying the weather? Or do you prefer summer?

Hope you are having a good time wherever you are, whatever you are doing!

I hope you reunited with some friends and family, have a good day!

See you soon…

Have a nice day!!!

Eilidh. Xxx