Welcome

Clydeview is TEN

Nina Kirk – An ambassador for the school, community and the environment!

Below is a short article written by Nina Kirk (5C) that describes the amazing work that she has been involved in over the last few months.  Well done Nina! An absolute star and credit to the school and Inverclyde Community!

What started off as just a passion for helping nature has really taken me quite far.

A few months ago, way back in September I volunteered myself to take part in an environmental workshop hosted by members of the literati guide to Inverclyde. Myself and another pupil from Notre Dame High school, both did a talk on our views on our “throw-away lifestyles” as part of the younger generation. The aim of the workshop was to look into mainly plastic pollution in our local area and see if the many people that came along could find ways to tackle it. I spoke to local politicians, Inverclyde council members, businesses such as McDonalds, Amazon and other local shops, as well as representatives from Environmental charities and Organisations who attended. Together we came up with commitments we would all make to improve Inverclyde environmentally.

On the back of that event I was alerted by MP Ronnie Cowan to take part in a competition to become a Generation Zero Ambassador for the UK, in which I had to make a video on my views on Climate Change and specifically my views as a member of the younger generation. My video was chosen making me one of the first Net Zero Ambassadors for the UK.

From this I was then asked to speak at COP26 on the 5th of November. There I met people from all over the world who shared the same concern about our rapidly changing climate.

As a young ambassador as part of the APPG for Net zero I was invited down to Parliament in London to speak at the Net Zero report launch and Reception. My video was showed and I said a few words about the impact to my generation. There were many influential MP’s and Business leaders in attendance as well as others attending via zoom which was quite nerve racking but an awesome experience overall.

Tips for Home Learning

WELCOME BACK

Welcome to the Clydeview Academy website – we are delighted to introduce our new website.

Clydeview Academy opened in August 2011 and was formed by the amalgamation of Gourock High and Greenock Academy.

We are very very proud of our school values – Success, Friendship, Equality and Respect. Our values were chosen in consultation with students and staff. There are many opportunities for students to develop skills for learning, life and work in the classroom and in many of the extra-curricular activities available.  Please do not hesitate to contact the school on 01475 715050 should you require any further information that is not available on the website.

We take great pride in the successes of our students and staff and Education Scotland found the following the key strengths during our inspection in February 2015.

• The welcoming, inclusive environment created by staff and articulate, polite young people.
  • Young people’s enthusiasm for music and the impact this has on the ethos of the school.
  • Approaches to engage parents in improving young people’s learning.
  • The well-co-ordinated approaches involving staff and partners working together to improve outcomes for young people who require additional support.
  • Consistently high levels of attainment from S4 to S6.
  • The strong leadership for learning and management of change provided by the headteacher.

We hope you find this website helpful in supporting your child.

Prizegiving 2020

Prizegiving September 2020

October Newsletter 2020

October Newsletter 2020