Education Scotland works with Scotland’s educators for Scotland’s learners. With this in mind each year we ask Scotland’s practitioners and STEM professional learning providers for:
- their views of STEM and in particular access to STEM professional learning and confidence levels
- their experience of STEM professional learning
- future STEM professional learning needs
- the actual numbers of hours of STEM professional learning provided.
Annual STEM Professional Learning Practitioner Surveys 2020-2021 – now closed
Thank you to all who completed our annual survey to help shape the future of STEM professional learning. The information you provide will help us improve the access that practitioners in relevant sectors, and in various geographical locations, have to high-quality professional learning that meets their needs. It will also help us to track improvements in the provision of professional learning over the lifetime of the STEM Strategy (2017-2022) and will enable us to identify where further support may be required.
Your individual response will not be shared with other organisations. However, the anonymised analysis from the survey will be shared widely to help STEM partner organisations align their programmes to your priorities.
Did you know?
- The findings from previous surveys are available here and on Education Scotland’s National Improvement Hub.
- Survey responses have shaped decisions about how over £3 million of STEM grant funding has been allocated in recent years.
- In 2019/20, STEM grants benefitted 11,407 practitioners in 5,754 schools and settings.
We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete our online survey to help us get the STEM professional learning offer right for you and your setting.
Finding from previous STEM surveys