Goal setting in Science

I had a science input which has really motivated me to revise what I know about science as it is a key part of the curriculum. I know that I am going to need to know not just what I am teaching, but facts around it as you can never really predict what sorts of questions your pupils will ask! I have had a good science education, but unfortunately most of the science information in my brain has been hidden and so I need to retrieve it by revising some topics. Therefore, I have set myself a SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound) target;

S- I plan to look specifically at vibrations and waves, in particular, at sound vibrations and light waves

M- I will possibly create a poster or write a blog post to show off what I have learnt and will upload it to my ePortfolio.

A- I know it is attainable as I have learnt this subject before, so I am revising it to bring it to the front of my mind again.

R- It is very relevant as in the curriculum for excellence it says, “Through research on how animals communicate, I can explain how sound vibrations are carried by waves through air, water and other media. SCN 2-11” and “By exploring reflections, the formation of shadows and the mixing of coloured lights, I can use my knowledge of the properties of light to show how it can be used in a creative way. SCN 2-11”.

T- I aim to have this completed before the start of my placement.