Bringing you the latest news about learning for sustainability (LfS) including global citizenship, outdoor learning, sustainable development education, children’s rights and play.
Sign up to receive e-bulletin.
- How Good Is Our School 4? encourages schools across Scotland to “increase learning for sustainability”
- LfS: National Progress, Local Success – presentation from Scottish Learning Festival seminar available on Glow
- Scotland’s Year of Food and Drink 2015 – October’s theme is Sustainable Shores
- You Decide –political literacy resources and professional learning support from Education Scotland
- Recognising and realising children’s rights FREE professional learning events
- New professional learning videos from Scotland’ Environment on taking learning outdoors
- The Outdoor Learning Directory has learning resources, grants and training from Scotland’s Environment & Forestry (ENFOR) bodies
- Support from the IDEAS Network on responding to the refugee crisis
- Climate change resources and actions from Keep Scotland Beautiful ahead of UN Climate Change Negotiations in Paris
Research and reflection
Research from the National Union of Students (NUS) shows that 80% of students want their institutions to be doing more on sustainability, while 60% want to learn more about it. The research is accompanied by a parallel study on employer attitudes towards sustainable development.