Children and Young People are the Future: Let’s Listen and Learn

The Imagineers were invited to be a part of Aberdeen City Council’s Integrated Children’s Services conference on Children and Young People are the Future: Let’s Listen and Learn. They took part in a panel discussion with Gayle Gorman, Director of Education & Childrens Services and Aberdeen Care Experienced young people. The Imagineers showed the Imagining Aberdeen video and facilitated a workshop for professionals who want to work more with children.  

‘We went to the Beach Ballroom. We spoke in front of loads of people to Gayle. I said that the lighthouse was the most important part of the mural because it had messages to adults about children. I think the most important message to adults is ‘give us support when we need it.’ I felt excited, nervous and happy. Then we had a meeting with grown ups. We watched the video and then asked them ‘how do you listen to children?’ I now think the adults have to make the changes.’

Imagineer Miriam

20161107_170847

ics-mp2

ics-malachy