The Parent Council
The Parent Council is a group of parents and carers who represent the Parent Forum (all parents and carers with children at the school).
Our main aims are:
- Supporting the school in its work with children and young people
- Promote partnership between the school, parents, pupils and the wider community
- Get involved in activities which support the education of all children
- Represent the views of parents on educational and other matters
- Fundraise on behalf of the school to facilitate resources and activities for the children.
The Parent Council meet every 6-8 weeks from 7 to 8.30pm in the ICT suite in the school. Dates of meetings are available on the school app, website and listed in the school Newsletter.
Some examples of how our fundraising donations have contributed over the past few years:
- Free school trips for all classes
- Free end of term disco’s
- Library renovation and new books
- Christmas pantomime & Hopscotch theatre performance
- USB sticks for 2017 and 2018 leavers
We are always on the look- out for new parents to join us, and there are different ways to help out:
- You can join the Parent Council: come to our meetings, and be actively involved in the decision making of the school. The head teacher and 2 teachers attend each meeting and encourage feedback on their plans. Things such as e.g. staffing, curriculum changes and actions, school trips and partnerships with other schools are discussed. Please do feel free to come along as a trial; there is no obligation to become permanently involved.
- Become a volunteer at our fundraising events. We have a bank of helpers. If you would like to be added to this group please text Hilda de Groot on 07900-985799 and you will receive requests for helping out at events and reminders about Parent Council meetings. You can be involved as much or as little as you like, we are grateful for any time you can give.
To attend a meeting please email our secretary Mrs McHarg on: email@example.com
Joanna Johnson and Hilda de Groot (co-chairs)2017-2018
Calendar of events
Current office bearers 2018/19
David Kerr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes of meetings 2018/19