Scottish Power are looking to recruit 28 young people between the ages of 16 – 19 to study at college either in the Midlothian or Glasgow areas with a September 2016 start. Successful students will:
- Gain a NC Level 2 qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Receive 4 weeks of employer-led technical training at our training centre in Cumbernauld
- Get paid £200 a month in sponsorship
- Be given a full PPE kit for them to use and keep once the programme is finished
- Get a chance of gaining full employment with Scottish Power as an Apprentice
The programme is only 6 months in length and will finish at the end of February with the top students being selected to move directly into a Craft Apprenticeship with Scottish Power in March 2017.
Apply using the following link:
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 17th April 2016.
A new Careers website promoting a variety of careers with the NHS in Scotland is now live and the link is www.careers.nhs.scot.
There are approximately 160,000 people employed by the NHS in Scotland and the message is that it’s not just doctors and nurses who are needed to make sure people receive the best healthcare. The new website includes:
- job profiles for the wide range of careers available in NHSScotland
- links to current NHSScotland vacancies
- a special section for young people including information about Modern Apprenticeships available in NHSScotland
The BBC Drama department is offering a 12 month training and development programme for 2 people from black, Asian and other ethnic minority backgrounds who are passionate about getting into Drama script editing. One training placement will be based in London and the other will be based in the Nations: Cardiff or Glasgow.
Details of the scheme can be found via the link below: