13th – 17th June 2016
School pupils considering a ‘Career in Engineering’ can gain an in-depth understanding and hands on experience of the industry through a jointly supported work experience programme run in partnership with Viridor, Interserve Construction and Jacobs.
The work experience, is jam-packed full of interesting and engaging talks, site tour, presentations and exercises, including:
- Calculating the carbon footprint of Jacobs business travel data (flights, car journeys, etc.) and energy office consumption (gas, electricity).
- Hands-on experience of transport modelling with the Transportation team and structural modelling with the Ports and Marine team.
- Computer modelling with the Rail team – using Clear Route software to check clearances from structures and trains passing.
- Guided site tour of the Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre (GRREC)
- GRREC Engineering sessions with interactive and hands-on activities including an overview of various different engineering roles.
- Looking at Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and identifying various systems.
- Teambuilding exercises incorporating communication and presentation skills.
You will learn the many types of Engineering roles that are available as well as how rewarding a Career in Engineering can be.
Please see Mrs Nizam if you are interested.