Virtual Macmillan Coffee Morning

Happy Friday everyone! I have a lot of information here so please take your time to read through this carefully. 🙂

Next Thursday (24th September) should have been our annual coffee morning which is always a fantastic event. Unfortunately, due to social distancing measures that are in place, we are unable to do this like we regularly would this year.

That’s not going to stop us from raising money and awareness though!

P3 have decided that as a class, they will have a Pyjama Day. They will come to school in their pyjamas and pay £1 to do so.

We also decided to some more to raise some extra money for Macmillan.

We are going to do a sponsored fun run and a dance-a-thon. Sounds like a tiring day… Maybe that’s why we decided on a pyjama day!

We will send home a sponsor sheet for these if you and your family members or friends would like to  sponsor them. This money can be collected after they have completed the events. Please put this money in an envelope before handing it back into school. Every little helps!

There will also be doughnuts for sale on the day if children would like to buy these, they can bring some extra money.

Also, if you would like to get involved at home, you can do a family sponsored walk. We have sponsor sheets available in class, so if you would like one, please ask me or Mrs Dunnett and we will give you one. This is entirely optional, but a definitely a fun way to raise some money with your family! Again, please put any money raised from this into an envelope before bringing it back into school.

There will also be an Art competition that can be completed at home. You can create your own piece of art at home, take a picture and post it to the blog. These will be judged by Mrs McFadden and the winner will be announced next week.

Have a lovely weekend!

Mrs McCafferty 🙂

Friday Fun

💜Good morning everyone!💜

It’s the last Friday of the school year, my lovelies! Can you believe It?! 🤯

How are you all? I hope you soaked up the beautiful sunshine 🌞yesterday! I’m getting quite used to the sun – I don’t want it to go way!🤭

I had a brilliant 💜 day yesterday, my lovelies – I met many of you (all looking SO grown up) & was able to share the exciting news of who your new teacher is going to be🤩 !  Some of you were unable  to pop down and receive this news – However,  worry not! I’ll be delivering the remaining reports card later this afternoon – so you’ll find our soon enough 🥳

Today’s ‘Friday Fun’ Activity was very kindly set by Miss Graham. Have a look 👀 below 👇🏼

*********

Activity 1
Sneak Peek

💜🌈 St Albert’s Primary School is undergoing a major make-over! Our local community and our teachers have been working extremely hard both, inside and outside the school. 🌈💜

🌟 I must admit – it’s looking fabulous!  🌟

Here are some pictures to give you a wee peek as to what’s happening inside!

*********

Activity 2
Brain Teaser

For each of the images above, try and answer the following questions. Good luck!

What/Who is in the picture?
What part of the school do you think it’s in?
Who do you think painted it?

*********

I hope to see many of you this evening. In the meantime, I’d like you all to take care 💕 & keep safe 💙🌈!

❗️If you’d like to get in touch❗️

Email: gw18bhattinazish@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk
Twitter: @bhatti_nazish
WhatsApp, Text or Call

Wednesday Special – Equality Matters

Hi my lovelies, 

How are we all? Well, we’re half way through the week already 🤯 and have somehow avoided the thunderstorm ⛈ our weatherman predicted ! I must admit though – I’m not complaining 😉!

❗️I know I don’t usually BLOG on a Wednesday ❗️however I wanted to share a message about Equality with you. So, I’ve written a wee something and I’d really like you to have a read with an adult 👨‍👧👩‍👧‍👦. 

Take your time 💜 and have a wee think,

Miss B x

*********

Activity 1
Read – Equality Matters 

When you’re in school it’s easy to think you’re preparing for the future. Remember though: whatever you have learned and whatever you are learning in these precious moments, is just as important today as it is for the future.

At St Albert’s Primary School we learn about values that keep diverse communities 🕌🕍⛩🏛🕋 together 🌈. We learn about the values of love, compassion, friendship and equality 💜 . The pride and joy of being a member of this  community is not such that we have learned about it. Rather, the pride and joy is in our ability to believe in these values, and let them lead us in our exploration of life. 

I’d like to remind you of the ✨power✨ in these values, my lovelies. 

These values strengthen deep within your hearts 💕 as you practise them. As you do, they begin to possess magic – enough magic to change the world 🌍. The problem is though, people don’t believe👥👤 in magic until they see 👀it. I need you to help me with this. 

I need you to show the world 🌏what this magic can conjure up 💫! We’ve seen the magic within our school 🏫 , in our community and in our hearts💕. It’s now time to see it in people around the world – show them how it’s done.

When you do, the magic will spread like wildfire🔥. People will begin to believe in the magic of these values and copy you too. Soon, the whole world will believe in the magic of love, compassion, friendship & equality.
People who speak different languages will communicate with one another🇹🇷🇬🇧. People who wear different clothes will complement one another🧕🏾🧑🏻‍. People of different colour will hold hands with one another – because everyone’s lives matter.

I’ll tell you once more in this address –  my lovelies, you are all part of something bigger than you believe. You can begin changing the world and ensuring equality, because each of you has enough magic deep within you to do so.

Just hold onto these values because that’s where the magic is..

..The magic is in you 💜

🌟It’s too late to change the world tomorrow. We have to change the world today 🌟.

*********

Activity 2
Share this Message 

It’s not easy to change the world, my lovelies.

If we want our values to help bring about equality, we’re going to need some help. Your task is not share 🗣📱💻📞📺📻📮this message with at least 2 other people and ask them to do the same💜.

*********

Activity 3
Equality Matters 

We all know that that everyone should be treated equally regardless of their skin colour, langue, ethnicity and race. As you may have seen in the news, this does not always happen unfortunately.

Your task is to write 2 powerful messages.:

1 – Write a message to those who do not treat everyone equally😡. What might you say to them?

2 – Write a message for someone who is being treated unequally😢. Think about how they might be feeling and what you could say to bring them hope. 

*********

Now, more than ever it’s important that you voice your support for our school values, my lovelies.

Sending love 💜

Miss B x

Today’s Tuesday Tasks 🗒

Good Morning my lovelies 💕 How are we all? I hope you’ve had a chance met up with some family and friends 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍👧 in your favourite ❤️ outdoor spaces 🏡 recently ! 🌈

How are we finding this re-connection? 🌈 Perhaps it feels a little surreal😯? Or maybe even a little strange🤔? Let us know – drop a wee text, WhatsApp, Email or Comment in the box below!

Whilst there are only a few days left until Summer ☀️ Break begins, we can’t pop our brains 🧠   onto ‘snooze mode’ 😴🥱  – Not quite yet! I need your help with something!

Have a look 👀 at the activities below👇🏼

As always, sending much love,💜

Miss B x

**************

Activity 1
Black Lives Matter

Recent events in America have given rise to a new movement called Black Lives Matter.

I want you to think 🤔 about what this might mean, my lovelies.

This evening, I’ll BLOG again and explain it to you. In the meantime, I’d like you to think critically 🤔 and to research 💻👨🏽‍💻👩🏻‍💻 this with your family please.

Black Lives Matter  We must start raising awareness of this today – in fact , we must raise awareness of this NOW!

**************

Activity 2
Litter Bugs

As you know, the grounds at St Alberts Primary School happily welcomes visitors from our local community 🙃

Right now, Miss Brooks, Mrs Pattie, Miss Bull and their terrific team of volunteers are working hard to transform the grounds into something even more spectacular in time for your return 🤩.

With  all this fabulous work happening, it was really upsetting 😥 to discover all the litter..

Your task📍today, is to design posters that remind passerby’s in the community to put their rubbish in the bin.

If you design your posters digitally 💻 email them over to me. If you decide to create your posters on paper 📜drop me a wee text/call/ WhattsApp and I can pick it up.

**************

Keep in touch

Email: Gw18bhattinazish@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk
Twitter: @bhatti_nazish
Text, WhattsApp or Call

Today’s Tuesday Tasks📋

Good morning  lovelies !🌤

Did we have a good Monday ? Well,  I had a brilliant one  💕 – I had a fabulous time responding to all your text messages 📲and receiving your selfies🤳. I have to admit Primary 4/5 – you are one good looking bunch! 😍

So, a few house keeping tasks for today – it’s all about catching up and maintaining communication. Take a look 👀👇🏻

Sending love,

Miss B💜

*********

Activity 1
A Playground Plea : A Message from Mrs Pattie

Right my lovelies, check our Mrs Patties message below!

Hi everyone,

Mrs Pattie is getting an artist to spray pain a really cool mural in the upper playground and she wants you ideas! What would you like to see on the wall? Think about our school and what is stands for: love, respect, equality and learning.

Watch the video below of cool school mural to get ou thinking!

Then text your ideas to 07894492119 or to Miss Bhatti!

I look forward to receiving the wonderful ideas 💡I know you’ll come up with!

*********

Activity 2
Digital Communications

I’ve been bust texting and WhatsApp-ing you all this week for some 🎯important information🎯

Today’s task is to catch up with those messages and make sure you’ve replied to them both 🌈.

As always, I look forward to hearing back from you.

*********

Keep in touch

Twitter: @bhatti_nazish
Text, WhattsApp or Call

Happy Monday

Happy Monday my lovelies! ❤️

How are we all? Did we have a nice weekend? I imagine many of you are beginning to reconnect with families in outdoor spaces like parks🏡and gardens now!🌈

How are we finding this re-connection?  Perhaps it feels a little surreal😯? Or maybe even a little strange🤔? Let us know – drop a wee text, WhatsApp, Email or Comment in the box below!

Whilst there are only 3 weeks left until the Summer ☀️ Break, we can’t switch our brains into snooze mode – Not quite yet! Our brains should be switched on and sharp! 🧠Here are 2, fun activities to help you out with that. Have a look👀👇🏼

Sending much love,💜

Miss B x

*************

Activity 1
Riddle Challenge  *Level 3*

Right my lovelies, you’re getting good at this! Can you keep it up?🧐

Remember to get in touch with your answers – Comment, Email, Text or WhatsApp!

(Answers will be uploaded on Wednesday!)

*************

Activity 2
Who Said it?

So, through the course of the year, we met some interesting characters through our exploration of books, conversations & digital literacy experiences! Have a look below to jog your memory

Can you match the quotations to the correct character? – You were all brilliant at this in class! Let’s see some of that excellence again!👆🏼

Remember, you can drop your answers via Text, WhatsApp, Email or using the Comment Box below! 

*************

Keep in touch my lovelies

Twitter: @bhatti_nazish
Call, Text or WhatsApp

Tuesday Tasks

☀️Good morning my lovelies 💕 rise and shine!☀️

I hope that you spent quality time in the outdoors 🏞️ and soaked up some up the  glorious sunshine ☀️

I apologise for my absence on Friday and Monday – I’ve had some technical 📠 issues with the Blog but that’s me back !

This week’s activities are light and ask you to pause, think🧐 and reflect🤔 Have a look 👀 below👇🏼

Lots of love,

Miss B 💜

******************

Activity 1
Quote Question

Right my lovelies, have a wee read and have think about the questions below.  Maybe even share your thoughts – drop a comment, email or text!

What do you think this means ?
Do you agree with Steve Jobs?

***************

Activity 2
Lockdown Memories

As many of you will be aware, we have entered Phase 1 of easing Lockdown 🤸🏼🎈 Of course, this is a very special step which allows us to begin meeting our friends and families safely 🤲🏻🌈

Whilst Lockdown was difficult it should be remembered – we’ve learnt many things about ourselves and the people we live with.

Here a wee activity to help you reflect on this time.

***************

🎯 Get in touch 🎯

Email: gw18bhattinazish@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk
Twitter: @bhatti_nazish or @StAlbertsG41
Call , Text or WhatsApp

Keep in touch my lovelies,

Miss B 💜

Thursday Things 📋

Good Morning everyone! ☀️

I hope that you’re soaking up this beautiful sunshine, my lovelies ☀️

I’ll be calling 📞 in with some of you today and as always, I look ever so forward to it ! 😄

In the mean time, here are some activities for you today. Notice, all but one can be done in the great outdoors ☀️🌳🏞️!

Have a look 👀 at the activities below 👇

Miss B 💜

************

Activity 1
Character Description

Watch the ‘Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone’ trailer. 🧙‍♂️

Now that you’ve watched the trailer, use interesting adjectives and similes to describe Harry’s physical appearance.

************

Activity 2
Summer, Scavenger Hunt 🏞️

************

Activity 3
Fun Outdoor Activities

************

🎯Stay in touch, my lovelies  🎯

Twitter: @bhatti_nazish or @StAlbertsg41
Call, Text or WhatsApp

Miss B 💞

Tuesday’s Here☀️

Good morning my lovelies! ☀️

For those of you who celebrated Eid 🌙 on Sunday – I hope that your celebrations were plentiful, fun, enjoyable and filled with lots of love! 💜 It was incredibly heartwarming to see you all 💕  I must add – you all looked beautifullllll !

Well the ☀️ is shining again and that’s definitely a good thing!  The sun helps us to feel hopeful & believe that everything is going to be okay! 💗

Try to get outside & and experience these vibes 💜  Perhaps a walk🚶‍♂️, a jog/run🏃‍♀️ or a wee ride on your cycle/scooter 🚴 🛴! Feel that☀️on our skin before it disappears!

When you get home you might want to try some activities ! Have a look 👀 below 👇

*****************

Activity 1
In-case You Missed It – Eid Video 

The staff at St Albert’s Primary sent their love & celebrated Eid with you, together apart 🌈

*****************

Activity 2
Riddle Challenge – The Next Level 

You solved the last set of riddles easily!  Can you do it again ? 😌

*****************

Activity 3
Playing Cards

TIP: Take your time ⌛️ and read the instructions with care.

*****************

🎯 Keep in touch 🎯

Email:  gw18bhattinazish@glow.ea.glasgow.sch.uk
Twitter: @bhatti_nazish or @StAlbertsG41
Call, Text or WhatsApp

💜 Extended Holiday Vibes – May Weekend 💜

Good morning everyone !

How are we all? The sun is shy today 🌦️but perhaps we’ll have a Rainbow later? 🌈

The May Weekend has started today so schools are ‘closed’ and will reopen on Tuesday ! As such, there will be no tasks. However, I have two, 🎯 important 🎯 messages.

Check the info below 👇

******************

🎯 Message 1 🎯
Applications for Clothing Grant & Free Schools Meal 2020/2021

The Scottish Government have opened Applications for Clothing Grants & Free School Meals, for the next Academic Year.

You can apply via the link below 👇

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/article/17885/Clothing-Grants-and-Free-School-Meals

🎯 Please note – There are 2 SEPARATE Application Forms to fill in 🎯

***************

🌙 Message 2 🌙
Celebrating Eid

Many of us will be celebrating Eid this weekend!

It will definitely be different my lovelies, but this does not mean it will be boring!

Share your favourite meals 🥘🍲🍗 with the people you live with, Video Call 📹📽️ and share pictures 🤳 with your cousins  you would usually visit, play games 🎲🕺💃👨‍👩‍👧 , exchange gifts 🎁 &  Eidi  💵.

Celebrate lovingly, joyously & safely  🌈

I’ll be in touch soon 💞

Sending you lots of love,

Miss Bhatti x

***************

If you want to chat 👩‍👦 , need anything 🤔 or are worried 😟 about something

🎯 Get in touch 🎯

Twitter: bhatti_nazish
Call, Text or Whattsapp