Wednesday Special – Equality Matters

Hi my lovelies, 

How are we all? Well, we’re half way through the week already 🤯 and have somehow avoided the thunderstorm ⛈ our weatherman predicted ! I must admit though – I’m not complaining 😉!

❗️I know I don’t usually BLOG on a Wednesday ❗️however I wanted to share a message about Equality with you. So, I’ve written a wee something and I’d really like you to have a read with an adult 👨‍👧👩‍👧‍👦. 

Take your time 💜 and have a wee think,

Miss B x

*********

Activity 1
Read – Equality Matters 

When you’re in school it’s easy to think you’re preparing for the future. Remember though: whatever you have learned and whatever you are learning in these precious moments, is just as important today as it is for the future.

At St Albert’s Primary School we learn about values that keep diverse communities 🕌🕍⛩🏛🕋 together 🌈. We learn about the values of love, compassion, friendship and equality 💜 . The pride and joy of being a member of this  community is not such that we have learned about it. Rather, the pride and joy is in our ability to believe in these values, and let them lead us in our exploration of life. 

I’d like to remind you of the ✨power✨ in these values, my lovelies. 

These values strengthen deep within your hearts 💕 as you practise them. As you do, they begin to possess magic – enough magic to change the world 🌍. The problem is though, people don’t believe👥👤 in magic until they see 👀it. I need you to help me with this. 

I need you to show the world 🌏what this magic can conjure up 💫! We’ve seen the magic within our school 🏫 , in our community and in our hearts💕. It’s now time to see it in people around the world – show them how it’s done.

When you do, the magic will spread like wildfire🔥. People will begin to believe in the magic of these values and copy you too. Soon, the whole world will believe in the magic of love, compassion, friendship & equality.
People who speak different languages will communicate with one another🇹🇷🇬🇧. People who wear different clothes will complement one another🧕🏾🧑🏻‍. People of different colour will hold hands with one another – because everyone’s lives matter.

I’ll tell you once more in this address –  my lovelies, you are all part of something bigger than you believe. You can begin changing the world and ensuring equality, because each of you has enough magic deep within you to do so.

Just hold onto these values because that’s where the magic is..

..The magic is in you 💜

🌟It’s too late to change the world tomorrow. We have to change the world today 🌟.

*********

Activity 2
Share this Message 

It’s not easy to change the world, my lovelies.

If we want our values to help bring about equality, we’re going to need some help. Your task is not share 🗣📱💻📞📺📻📮this message with at least 2 other people and ask them to do the same💜.

*********

Activity 3
Equality Matters 

We all know that that everyone should be treated equally regardless of their skin colour, langue, ethnicity and race. As you may have seen in the news, this does not always happen unfortunately.

Your task is to write 2 powerful messages.:

1 – Write a message to those who do not treat everyone equally😡. What might you say to them?

2 – Write a message for someone who is being treated unequally😢. Think about how they might be feeling and what you could say to bring them hope. 

*********

Now, more than ever it’s important that you voice your support for our school values, my lovelies.

Sending love 💜

Miss B x