Home Learning – 19th May

Hello!! I hope everyone is well and safe!

Here is what your friends were doing yesterday:

It was Rida’s aunties birthday yesterday, as they were not able to celebrate together, Rida and her family had a birthday celebration for her at home.

Inayah is trying to decide what pretty dress she is going to wear to celebrate Eid. I think the one she has chosen is beautiful!!

Shahmir is still working hard, he is completing lots of fantastic school work and enjoying himself outside. I think I spy someone we know in the back of Shahmir’s outdoors picture.. can we guess who it is?

Last week Miss Bull posted a fantastic blog about Ramadan and Eid, and she gave me the idea to do something similar.

As we know, Ramadan is a very special time, and you must be really looking forward to Eid. It might be hard not sharing these special times with you family, however it will not be long before we are able to give out loved ones a MASSIVE HUG!

This is my first year at St Alberts and I have never been at the school when you are celebrating and preparing for Eid, so I would love if you could help me out and tell me all about Ramadan and Eid.

If you do not celebrate Eid, this is also a great time for you to find out a little bit more about it.

Miss Bull prepared a video with some fantastic questions:

• What does ‘fasting’ mean? Why do Muslims fast during Ramadan?
  • What do these words mean; Suhoor/Sehri, Iftar, Zakat?
  • Ramadan is the ninth month in the islamic  Lunar calendar, but what is a lunar calendar based on?

Watch these videos about the Lunar cycle:

https://www.tigtagworld.co.uk/film/phases-of-the-moon-PRM00071/I

• Ramadan starts when religious leaders tell everyone that they have seen a certain type of moon – Which moon is that?
  • What special things do you do with your family during the 3 day Eid celebrations?

Ask the adults in your family the questions to help you find out the answers and then ask them to help you type your answers into the comments box on the video.

Here is an interesting video all about a little boy who shares his ideas of how to celebrate Ramdan with your family during the Corona Virus Lock Down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/23286976

READING:

One question today: What would you wish for?

Missing you all so much!

Miss Graham x