P1a

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Glasgow site

June 25, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Last Day of Term!

Hi P1a

Watch this video we made for you:

You have been the most amazing class ever and I am so proud of you all. You have done amazing this year. I am very sad that I never got to say a proper goodbye to you today but I can’t wait to see you all in August when you are big P2s!

I hope you all have the most fantastic summer. Try to get outside to the park or out on your bike as much as you can. I know that’s what I will be doing!

Can’t wait to see you again in August!

Lots of Love

Mr Forshaw

June 22, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Last Week of Term!

Hi Everyone 🙂

Sorry I haven’t posted as much on the blog recently. I have been meeting all the new P1’s that will be starting in August. I have also been so busy in the school with all the other teachers to get the school ready for August. We have been doing lots of cool things in the school and I am going to post some secret snaps of the work we have been doing to see if you can guess where it is in the school and what it is!

It was amazing to see some of when you came to collect your reports. It was really nice to hear all the lovely things you have been doing with your family. I have also enjoyed all the lovely pictures of your work you have been sending to me!

There will be lots more exciting new things in the school by the time you come back in August!

Here is the 3rd a final installment from Mr Corrigan in The Secret Garden! Look how much has changed.

What differences can you see since the last video?

Can you draw a picture of some the things you have spotted in the secret garden and try to label them with what you see? So, what is it? What colour is it? Is it tall or short?

I forgot to post the rest of the Twits story being read by Miss Graham. So here is part 4 for you now!

You don’t have to listen to the final part today but it’s here for you when you want to:

I can’t wait to see you all again!

Have Fun

Mr Forshaw

June 8, 2020
by User deactivated
1 Comment

Monday 8th June!

Hi

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Sorry the post is a bit late today. I have been in school getting things ready for next year. I am very excited for you all to see the school. It looks amazing!

On the blog until summer there will now be a grid posted on a Monday for you to choose some activities from. You can do as many of them as you want but this will be your activities for the week. This is so that when I am really busy in school you still have activities to do at home to keep you busy!

Monday 8th June Grid

I will still check in the on the blog so if you have any questions you can either leave a comment here or send me a message!

Thanks

Mr Forshaw

June 5, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

It’s Friday again!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you have all had a lovely week. Hopefully the rain will stay away for the weekend!

All the teachers have been so busy this week getting the school ready for August. It has been very exciting getting back in to school to begin to sort things.

How are your bean plants coming along? Look at what Sahar sent me, her plant has grown so much:

Here is the next part of ‘The Twits’ being read by Miss Graham:

Mr Corrigan went live on YouTube again yesterday. This time he was reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I am sad that I missed it! If you didn’t get to watch it live yesterday, you can watch it here:

Can you help the Caterpillar put his body back in the right order?

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Stay Safe!

Mr Forshaw

June 3, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Wednesday 3rd June

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all still having a fantastic time at home and out in your gardens. Remember our daily exercise is really important, so try to get outside for a walk around the park. While you are in the park try and see if you can spot butterflies or any other creatures!

Watch the video of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ and see if you can answer some of these questions:

Questions

• On Monday, the caterpillar ate 1 apple. On Tuesday, the caterpillar ate 2 pears. On Wednesday, he ate 3 plums. On Thursday, he had 4 strawberries. On Friday, he ate 5 oranges. How many pieces of fruit did he eat altogether over the five days? Try and count it out with cubes  counters or Lego pieces to help you.
  • On Saturday, the caterpillar had a sore tummy. Why do you think this was?
  • What happened to the caterpillar’s body on Sunday? How did he change in shape and size?
  • What was the name given to the caterpillar’s house that he built around himself?
  • How long did the caterpillar spend inside the cocoon?
  • How did the caterpillar manage to get out of the cocoon?

Topic

This week we are looking at the life cycle of a butterfly!

Have you noticed any butterflies outside recently? Watch this clip of how a butterfly transforms from a caterpillar to a butterfly!

You can attempt the butterfly life cycle worksheet in your learning pack.

I hope you enjoyed part 1 of the Twits. Thank you to Miss Graham for recording these. Here is part 2 for you:

Have a lovely day!

Mr Forshaw

June 1, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Welcome to June :)

Hi everyone!

I can’t believe its June already. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend out enjoying the sunshine. The nice weather looks like it is staying for a bit longer, so keep trying to get outside and enjoy it.

It looked like Aiza had an amazing weekend. She sent me a message telling me about what an amazing time she had at Eid. Then she told me she was going to buy a toy for her aunties dog because she likes to play with him. I can see how much fun she has been having with her family from the videos she sent of them enjoying the huge pool in the garden!

The teachers are starting to go back to school now to get it ready for next year. So we are going to be very busy making sure the school looks amazing for you coming back. This might mean it takes a little longer to reply to you but you can still contact me and send me photos for me to put on the blog.

Maths

Try to get outside and play some fun maths games in the garden or in the park! Here are some ideas of things you could try:

You can have a go at making your own clock and see if you can remember how to tell what time it is!

You can write these numbers on a fence or on the ground with chalk and then say what number you are going to wash away using a water pistol.

You can have a go at this fun game and see who gets the best score!

Here is Miss Graham reading the first part of The Twits by Roald Dahl.

Can you draw a picture of Mr Twit then write words around the picture that describe him. Just like we did with Robin Hood.

Have a lovely day!

Mr Forshaw

May 28, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Thursday 28th :)

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all managed to get out and enjoy that lovely weather yesterday. If you did, you can tell me what you were doing! It is looking like it’s going to be lovely again today. Try and get outside and enjoy it.

Mohammad Ibrahim had a BBQ. The food looked so tasty!

Maths

Continue practicing the SumDog work that has been set for you. You can also try this fun counting game and help the caterpillar count to 15.

https://www.tvokids.com/preschool/games/caterpillar-count

Here is a trickier counting game from topmarks if you really want to challenge yourself!

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/helicopter-rescue

We need to keep practicing all of our sounds. Watch this video and see how many you remember. Try to write a word for as many sounds as you can! You can maybe even draw some pictures as well.

Story

Mr Corrigan is going to be live on YouTube again today at about 2:30pm to read some of our favourite stories:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5GQLl6kdUmUJFwGaO-ijg

Have a lovely day!

Mr Forshaw

May 27, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Hi Everyone!

Good Morning

For those of you who were celebrating Eid over the weekend, I hope you all had the most fantastic time. I have seen some photos from your celebrations and they look amazing.

The weather is looking like it’s going to be staying sunny for a little while so try your best to get outside as much as you can! You can look around and see what is starting to grow as we get closer and closer to Summer!

Mr Corrigan has made a video from his garden and something very exciting has happened in the his pond. I wonder if you can tell me what it is?

Activity

Have a go at completing the life cycle of a frog activity in your home learning pack!

Art and Craft

Can you try to make your own frog. You can use any resources you have in the house. Here are some examples to help you!

Do you remember all the way back to when we were learning about describing a character? We started with Robin Hood and we had to talk about what he looked like and what he was wearing.

I want you to give the frog you make a name and then write all the things you can see to describe your frog.

For example, you can tell me about the colour of your frog, how many legs your frog has, how many eyes and does it have spots and anything else that makes your frog special!

Maths

I have set some challenges on Sumdog for you to try. You can also have a go as this really tricky frog problem solving game:

https://www.kidsmathgamesonline.com/problemsolving/frogjump.html

Story

Miss Kinloch has recorded this lovely story for us:

I can’t wait to see your amazing frogs!

Have a fantastic day and stay safe everyone!

Mr Forshaw

May 21, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Good Morning :)

Good morning everyone!

Here is some of the lovely work I have been sent! Keep sending it to me 🙂

Wow, it’s been a busy week for teachers this week as we are starting to plan and get the school ready for the new school year, write your reports and some teachers will be getting ready for Eid just like you!🌙⭐️

Tomorrow (Friday 22nd) and Monday 25th May are official school holiday days which is fantastic for some of you as you will be starting your Eid celebrations.💜

Mr Corrigan Read a lovely story yesterday called Ramadan Moon, you can watch it here:🌙

As this week is all about moons, can you watch Miss Graham’s story ‘On the Moon’ and answer these reading comprehension questions:

READING AND COMPREHENSION:

1. How long does it take to get to the moon?
  2. What do they go exploring on when they are on the moon?
  3. What countries flag was planted on the moon?
  4. What gets left behind on the moon?
  5. What kind of book do you think this is? Fiction or Non-Fiction?

For Maths carry in working through your learning pack and sumdog.

Have a lovely day!

I can’t wait for you all to be back at school as i miss you all so much!

Mr Forshaw

May 19, 2020
by User deactivated
0 comments

Good Morning!

Hi Everyone

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I went for lots of walks on Saturday in the sunshine – I even stopped to buy an ice cream – I went for mint choc chip, one of my favourites. What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?

On Sunday Miss Bull said she stayed inside because it was raining and baked a birthday cake for her fiancee! Here is a picture of her pistachio, cardamom and saffron Birthday Cake, What do you think?

Image preview

Activity 1: Can you write about what you did at the weekend…….

• On Saturday we…
  • On Sunday we…

Activity 2: Exercise!

I don’t know about you  but I sometimes find it hard to get out of bed in the morning after a relaxing weekend. Doing a bit of exercise every morning helps me to feel energised and wakes up my brain. This morning you could try this:

Activity 3: Moons!

As we know, the moon is a very important part of Ramadan and Eid. So, following on from last weeks learning about moon phases today you could try putting what you have learned into practice with these fun activities:

Use Oreo cookies to make the phases of the moon!

Image preview

Image preview

Enjoy

Mr Forshaw