Home School Day 5

Happy Friday! (A very big well done to all the parents for making it to the end of week 1 of home school!)

Here is your Friday video message from Miss Hewitt –

Messages from friends

My Friday treat is wearing the new pyjamas I ordered myself this week ALL day 🙂 But as a treat for you I have  messages from some people I’m sure you have been missing this week!

Mrs Crosbie sent you a video message and a selfie –

Mrs Bennett sent you a photo and a message –

Hi kids, hope you are all well Class 2. I’m good and as you can see, keeping safe xxx

Remember to keep checking the blog comments for messages from your friends and the adults in St Albert’s too. Hector and Kit both left messages on yesterday’s posts for you. Thank you boys!

#hug

The task I set for today (optional as always) is for you to take a photo of you hugging a person or the people in your house who you are isolating with.

Here is my picture hugging Murdo (he cannot have a pyjama day as he has lots of video meetings with his work today!)

I will share all your hug pictures at the end of the day 🙂

Points chart

Today is your last day this week to earn points on the new home school points chart!

Remember to log into Sumdog and answer a few questions and I’ll award a point later for most Sumdog time for this week.

You all got a point for speaking with me on FaceTime this week for cheering me up so much, and I have also given a point to everyone who has sent me photos or videos of their work.

Subhan, Kit and Hector got some other points for completing challenges set in the daily blog posts (Subhan for guessing the correct book, Kit for the best PATHS picture and Hector for being the first child in Class 2 to leave a comment for his friends on the blog).

This is how the points chart looks just now but it will look different by the end of the day with lots of points still to add 🙂

Friday clubs

As Friday is normally clubs day when you a do lots of different things, I wanted to post a selection of fun things that you may be able to do at home, either today or even over the weekend if you decide on a cosy PJ day today 🙂

Art – I chose some different art activities as I know you all love Art when we do it in school.

I know lots of you have Lego at home and thought this looked like a fun idea. I’m a little jealous I don’t have any Lego in my house to try this!

We all made our own DIY paintbrushes in Class 2 with twigs, leaves and grass from outside earlier this year. Why not have a go at making a paintbrush for some things you find in your house?

Cooking – Mrs Creevy recorded a video showing you how to make some delicious treats, yum! You will need an adult to help you with this activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjCgo80jiw

Art/Science – Miss Milne recorded a video showing you how to make your own paint from things you can find in the house, how cool!

Loads of things to choose from today! I can’t wait to see what you get up to 🙂

2 thoughts on “Home School Day 5”

1. Hi Class 2. Hector is missing you all. He wishes he could be having fun with you all right now. Hope you have a nice weekend.

1. I am missing you all so much too. Soon we will be back together in Class 2 and we will have a big party to celebrate 🙂