Homework Wk Beginning 8th October

Hello Primary Four,

This week is a shorter week as our October break starts on Friday!  Please hand your homework in on Thursday 11th October.

Literacy:

Bug Club: log onto your bug club accounts and read your reading book.  Make sure to complete the tasks and answer the questions!

Spelling: practise these spelling words using the ‘Look, Say, Cover, Write’ method.  So, look at the word, say the word, cover it up and write it, trying to spell correctly.  Check it’s correct before moving on to the next word.

1. high
  2. every
  3. near
  4. between
  5. own
  6. country
  7. school
  8. father
  9. never
  10. city

Numeracy:

1.  If today is Friday, what day will it be in four days?

2. I have planted a little bean stalk.  On Monday it was 7cm tall.  It has grown by 12cm.  How tall is it now?

3. I have four plates on my dinner table.  On each plate there are 8 chips.  How many chips are there altogether?

4. It is 5.10pm.  What time will it be in 15 minutes?

5.  What number is ten less than 68?

6. What number is ten less than 32?

7. What number is ten less  than 81?

8.  There are 30 children in Primary Four.  If I give each child two pencils, how many pencils will I need for the whole class?

9. I am reading a book that is 40 pages long.  I am on page 25.  How many pages do I have left?

10. Partition these numbers into hundreds, tens and units.  For example: 673 = 600 + 70 + 3

a) 459

b) 381

c) 290

4 thoughts on “Homework Wk Beginning 8th October”

1. Hi,

Sorry about that. All the homework was printed this week and put in bags on Monday. I’ll post on blog next week.

Me Newall

1. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii miss Newall your the best teacher ever <333
    can we pleassssssssssssssssssssssssss go on a trip pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1. What a lovely thing to say, thank you very much. You are a fantastic pupil! I think we can manage a trip Laiba – let’s have a chat today and see what we want to do.

Ms Newall