The First Learning Week of February!

I hope you all have a lovely February break! You have all worked really hard so far in this new term so enjoy the long weekend to relax and have fun 🙂

Literacy:
Morven- In writing, our groups created a friendship poem!
Murdo- We finished our story from last week about the magic key that takes you in to the past or future. We focused on having a beginning, middle and end.
Inaaya- We have continued to answer different types of questions during comprehension.

Numeracy:
Kerr- We continued learning about the nets of 3D shapes. We did some problem solving where we had to draw nets and created nets using different materials. We also learned how to estimate weight.
Ava- We were multiplying two digit numbers by 8 and played lots of 8x games to practise. We also learned how to find fractions of numbers.
Christopher- We have been learning about factors and multiples! We also revised converting measure through length problem solving.

Social Studies:
Harley- In mapping, we learned about contours; keys and symbols. We then created a 3D model showing the contour lines.

Talking and Listening (Leading the Learning):
Cormac- We have began delivering our planned lessons to to the whole class or in small groups! I worked with Jack and we taught a group some guitar chords.
Ava- I taught a group how to draw a llama, my favourite animal, step by step!
Daisy- I worked with Sophie and we taught a group how to draw 3 different cartoons of their favourite characters or animals.
Matthew- Me, Jamie McK and Harley taught a whole class PE lesson. We then did a cooling down mindfulness exercise afterwards just like what Miss MacMillan does when we do indoor PE!

Outdoor Learning:
Sophie C- We have been learning how to use a compass! We were then given a direction outside and we had to work out which way to face.

Music:
Myra- We have continued using Music Chrome lab and today we created our own song and wrote lyrics to match! We then performed the song to the class if we wanted to share it.

Health and Wellbeing:
Evie- We practiced the canadian barn dance and then we learned the dos-a-does. We did this dance to the song Cotton Eyed Joe- it was really fun but we were so tired afterwards!!
This was the end result…