Link Corridor

Dear Parent/Carer

I am writing to inform you that building works will commence in the next few weeks in order to create the link corridor between Our Lady of the Missions and Robslee buildings.

The long term plan as you know is to create a single campus comprising of two buildings joined via a fully functioning link corridor.

The additional classrooms, dining room/cafeteria, gym hall/assembly hall, IT suite and general purpose spaces will be well utilised, the plan being that primary four and primary five pupils next session will make use of this additional accommodation.

There will also be a fair degree of movement by some of the other classes, particularly primary six and primary seven pupils, in order to make maximum use of additional IT, music and gym hall space being made available by this additional accommodation. 

Further information will follow in the Summer Term with regards to issues such as traffic management, parking and access to office staff etc.

When building works commence there may have to be a number of alterations to existing use of playground space and lining up arrangements, particularly for P3 pupils. I will meet with contractors and draw up risk assessments and then inform everyone of the temporary arrangements required to be enforced in order that the school continues to run smoothly.

I will be in touch in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Charles Jamieson
Head Teacher