Arthurlie Family Centre

May 5, 2017
by Mrs Silvester
0 comments

Thank you

Brightest Star - Supporting Bereaved Families

Thank you to everyone who helped organise and donated to the Brightest Star Charity and the Nursery Funds during the Pyjama Walk.

We raised £603.00 for the Brightest Star Charity

and

£603.00 for our Nursery

May 5, 2017
by Mrs Silvester
0 comments

Would you like some advice about toilet training, tooth brushing, homework, nits, school projects or packed lunches? NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde can help you with the stuff that’s about growing up, bodies, puberty, gender, healthy relationships, identity, staying safe and happy, sexual health and wellbeing.

Image result for nhs ggc

To find information on the NHS GGC wbsite.  Click on the link below.

http://www.sandyford.org/parents-sandyford/

May 4, 2017
by Mrs Allison
0 comments

Learning about money and coins

The children have been talking about money and what we use it for, they decided to hide it in the sand and then take turns to search for it. They  then counted how much they had found and looked to see what numbers they could see on the coins. Some children went on to draw pictures of the coins they had found and some suggested that we make a treasure chest.

“This one has a 10 on it”!

“Look how many I found, I could bay toys and sweeties”

“Its got a 5 on it”.

May 3, 2017
by Mrs Silvester
0 comments

The children noticed that there were large leaves growing in the vegetable patch.

The children noticed changes in the nursery garden vegetable patch.  The staff explained the leaves were a rhubarb plant. The children then collected rhubarb and prepared it cooking it in the microwave oven.

“There are great big green leaves.”

“I found a snail on the leaf.”

“It is hard to pull out.”

“We need to wash it.”

“Its hard to cut.”

“I like it. It tastes like yogurt.”

Why Rhubarb is Good to Eat
• natural sugar is low
•a good source of dietary fibre.

•supply some vitamin C

April 12, 2017
by Mrs Silvester
0 comments

Local business donate resources for our new sandpit.

This is the sandpit on the floor before we phoned the builder’s merchants.

Today some of our children made a shopping list of things they would like for their new sandpit which is now positioned on the floor in the playroom.

Then we used Shona’s office phone to phone a local builder’s merchant to ask if they would donate some of the items on our list.

One of the children spoke on the phone using the pictures on the shopping list to ask for bricks, sand and some fake grass. JW Grants Builder’s Merchants said we could have the items for free and another local business said they would uplift them.

The children were super excited!

April 10, 2017
by Mrs Allison
0 comments

Creating new and exciting learning environments

The children have been creating new sand areas in our playrooms. We asked some of the local businesses in our community for there help.

The Casey Tree Company donated logs for our space and another local business transported them to our nursery.

“Can I help to put them in?” “I can lift the big ones I am strong”.

The Children were able to lift some of the smaller logs and put them in the areas creating there own ideas in the spaces. Children benefit from this using there problem solving skills, working together in a team and were using there large and small motor skills during this experience. Well done boys you worked well together.

March 30, 2017
by Mrs Silvester
0 comments

Fire Fighters Visit the Nursery

In Nursery we are learning all about people who help us in our community.

Today in the Nursery we had some very special visitors.

Barrhead Community Fire Fighters came to tell us  all about the role of a fire fighter, how to stay safe and the equipment they use. The children were very excited to sit inside the fire engine, spray the water hose and asked lots of exciting questions.

They wore hard shoes.

I’m wearing his helmet.

“What’s a smoke alarm for? It made a loud noise. My Mummy has a smoke alarm.”