successful learners…confident individuals…responsible citizens…effective contributors
The Curriculum for Excellence is for all children in Scotland from 3-18 years of age. It is divided into levels. When children start nursery age 3 they will start Early Level and will continue at early level into Primary 1 ensuring progression, breadth and depth in their learning from nursery to Primary School.
The learning experiences offered in our nursery will challenge and support children, provide them with personalisation and choice, be relevant and meaningful to them and most of all will be fun and enjoyable.
Active Learning Through Planned Purposeful Play
At Arthurlie Family Centre we aim to promote effective learning for all children by:
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which children feel happy and secure.
- Providing opportunities to engage the children’s interest and imagination.
- Encouraging positive attitudes to self and others and by developing confidence and self esteem.
- Extending the children’s abilities to communicate their ideas and feelings in a variety of ways.
- Encouraging children to reach their full potential in each aspect of development and learning.
- Health & Wellbeing
- Social Subjects
- Expressive Arts
- Religious & Moral Education
“Our aspiration for all children and for every young person is that they should be successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society and at work. By providing structure, support and direction to young people’s learning, the curriculum should enable them to develop these four capacities. The curriculum should complement the important contributions of families and communities.”