Distance Learning – Day 41

Today is the first day in our Field Trip Week where we get a chance to take our learning beyond the confines of our Google classroom. I have chosen San Diego Zoo our the first stop, giving the children the opportunity to research into one particular animal of their choice.

I also took advantage of Field Trip Week to launch our interactive classroom.  It contains almost everything that Google classroom does but looks more visually appealing and a bit bit more fun for pupils.

The children were asked to prepare a report ion their animal in any format they wished. This could be a written report, a PowerPoint presentation, a video, a blue screen video, a stop motion animation, a Chatter Pix video, etc. The list is endless! Zac decided to do his report in PowerPoint on Polar bears. I have converted this to a video to allow us to play it in our blog post.

Ibrahim has produced this presentation on tigers.

Aatish’s presentation on jaguars.

Alesha created this informative and fun presentation on elephants.

Alex had decided to visually recreate his animal of choice, the giraffe.

Lewis did his research on leopard sharks and…

… also completed a food chain.

Kara has decided to complete her report on cheetahs using video. Well done, a lot of hard work here!

Jamie has filled in his daily Field Trip Logbook for Day 1 and he enjoyed watching the live cams from San Diego Zoo.