Categories
Planets

Week 3 – Home Learning Challenges

Hi Planets Class! Today is Robert Burns’ birthday 🥳🎈 I thought this week that we could celebrate by doing some Burns themed home learning challenges. * Literacy * Below are two animated clips of some famous Robert Burns poems. Can you listen to them? What one is your favourite? A Red, Red Rose Auld Lang … Continue reading Week 3 – Home Learning Challenges

Hi Planets Class! Today is Robert Burns’ birthday 🥳🎈 I thought this week that we could celebrate by doing some Burns themed home learning challenges.

• Literacy *
    Below are two animated clips of some famous Robert Burns poems. Can you listen to them? What one is your favourite?

A Red, Red Rose

Auld Lang Syne song

Can you find some of the Burns themed words hidden in the wordsearch below?

• Numeracy *
    Can you go on a tartan hunt? You might be able to find some tartan in your house, I have a tartan scarf and a tartan skirt that I have found in mine.
    Can you create your own tartan using the electronic game below? Maybe you could make a different tartan for each person in your house showing their favourite colours.
    https://houseoftartan.co.uk/interactive/weaver/index.htm

This is Miss Gemmell’s design that I made during the game.

• Health and Wellbeing *
    Can you put your icing skills to the test and create some kilt wearing gingerbread men? We had been using icing pens for some Christmas crafts as part of our ILP targets so this activity ties in nicely.

• Expressive Arts *
    In class, we regularly create some step by step drawings. We find this very calming and relaxing. Normally Miss Gemmell demonstrates step by step on the SMARTboard, however a parent/family member could have their own piece of paper and be demonstrating for you to copy.

Can you draw Robert Burns?