Categories
Uncategorized

Home Learning Activities – Week 3

Hello Sunflowers! I hope you are keeping busy at home – we miss you lots! Below are some activities for you to try if you wish.  As we would usually be celebrating Robert Burn’s Day in class, I have added a Scottish activity for you to try too.  I hope you enjoy! Literacy – Name …

Continue reading “Home Learning Activities – Week 3”

Hello Sunflowers!

I hope you are keeping busy at home – we miss you lots!

Below are some activities for you to try if you wish.  As we would usually be celebrating Robert Burn’s Day in class, I have added a Scottish activity for you to try too.  I hope you enjoy!

Literacy – Name Collage 

Use cereal, stickers, buttons or any items that you have around the house to trace your name.  If you can, sound out the letters, point to them and practice saying your name.

Fruit loop cereal names | Preschool name crafts, Preschool arts and crafts, Name crafts

Sticker Names Toddler Activity - Busy Toddler

Numeracy – Number Blocks Make and Play 

In class, we love using  number blocks to count and build towers.  Check out the Cbeebies Make and Play game (link below). Select a number and tap the blocks to build them.  If you can, you could draw and colour your chosen number block.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/games/numberblocks-make-and-play

Kids Art Games - Numberblocks Make & Play - CBeebies - BBC

Health and Wellbeing – We’re Going on a Bear Hunt!

Enjoy joining in on a Bear Hunt by copying the actions and moving along to the music. I know how good you all are at moving around the classroom to music. I hope you have fun!

Happy Robert Burn’s Day!

Tartan Weaving – Using coloured paper, can you weave a tartan pattern? Cut strips of paper and weave them in and out the card.  Try to name or point to the colours as you go.

Art For Kids:Paper Weaving | Weaving for kids, Paper weaving, Weaving art

There is also a Robert Burns Virtual Classroom full of activities below. I’m sure you’d love listening to the poems and doing some colouring.

Have a great week! Miss Stalker x