P5i Homework and topic challenge

Africa topic

Hello Everyone,

Spelling homework this week will focus on the same sounds as last week (ae) but with a new selection of words. It is also Own Choice week when pupils can choose which activity to do from the grid, as well as activity A.

Maths homework is based on Problem Solving (what number operation is used to find the answer?) with a cryptic challenge at the end.  Something a little different to get the children (and adults?)  thinking.

Children are progressing well with their ‘Learn Its’, recalling number facts on sight. Please continue to challenge your child on these and previous week’s numbers to greatly improve their skills.  The new ‘Learn Its’ for this week are:

5 + 6;    6 + 3;    12 + 4;    3 + 4;    9 + 8

African country research project– due 25th November

As part of our termly topic on Africa, all P5i pupils have been given a specific country to research. Children can make up a PowerPoint presentation, compile a fact file, create a book … the only limit is their imagination. Presentations should be factual,  interesting, informative and in their own words. No copy and pasting please. As presentations will be presented by children to their peers, I am really looking forward to learning new and interesting facts about the countries chosen by them.

Have a good week.

Mrs Irving

4 thoughts on “P5i Homework and topic challenge”

1. Can you confirm that Reuben has to write about Iraq? I believe that it is in the middle East/Asia, and he told me the topic is Africa.
    Thanks

1. Hi,
      For some reason I did not have a country against Reuben’s name, (Strange?) so thank you for bringing it to my attention before he embarked on any research. I have since spoken to Reuben, and he has chosen the very small country of Lethoso, and look forward to learning more about it in his project.
      Mrs Irving