Role play shop

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well. Today i thought you could try a little role play, while you are at home. You could set up your own shop, using toys and real life objects, like tinned foods, cereal packets and empty plastic bottles. Remember to ask your grown-up first. You will also need a till, some toy or real money to use. Some paper and pens to write how much things cost. This will help to develop number recognition.  Ask your family to join in the play with you. They can come to your shop to buy something.  I have put in some other ideas  to let you see some other kinds of role play you can do. I hope you have loads of fun. Maybe your grown-up will take a picture to let all your ladies see how busy you are in your shop.                                                                                                                                                            Role play is good for developing a child’s language. It also helps their literacy and numeracy skills whilst playing. They also gain knowledge that these are types of jobs people do.  Have fun xx

Thursday 28th January- Magic Potions 🧪✨

Good Morning Everyone 💛💙💚❤️💜

I hope you are all well.  Rory and I have had lots of fun making magic potions with water in the kitchen sink and wondered if you might like to try it too?  Rory’s potion was green, with lots of bubbles and had lime and leaves in it!

Here are some materials you could use…

Plastic containers, plastic cups, egg cups, small bottles, food colouring, washing up liquid / hand soap, leaves, petals, chopped fruit.

Making potions is fun but also allows your child to use their imagination and explore textures, smells, colour and nature.

Here are some photos of Rory and his potions..

Have fun and I can’t wait to hear all about your fabulous potions! 🧪✨ (please remember not to drink them).

Debbie 💛

Deborah.fitzgerald@eastayrshire.org.uk

Learning Journals

Good morning everyone,

Throughout today all the parents/carers that completed the online form with their email addresses will receive an email from Learning Journals. This email will contain a link for you to set up a password and login pin. Once you have completed this you will have access to your child’s profile only.  The children still have their learning folders within the ECC that the staff have completed up to date, so there will be no backdated information on Learning Journals. We have put up a few observations and stories for parents/carers to look at and going forward we are trialling this out as our platform for evidence of your child’s learning.

Once the children return to the ECC you can expect to get frequent updates on your child’s learning and development.

In the mean time there is a section ‘Achievements at Home’ on your child’s profile and this is for you to upload any pictures or stories of home learning you would like us to see.

If you are having any issues or would like any information then please send me an email.

Maria

maria.paterson@eastayrshire.org.uk 

Wednesday 27th January 💙💜💛❤️💚

Good morning boys and girls, today let’s kick start our day with a bit of energetic exercise!

Joe Wicks is back again with a morning workout every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He will go live at 9am this morning, however you can find any of his workouts on his YouTube page “The Body Coach TV” https://youtube.com/c/TheBodyCoachTV – “PE with Joe”
In the ECC, the children also enjoy joining in with The Learning Station, in particular, ‘Shake your sillies out’: https://youtu.be/NwT5oX_mqS0

Staying active and healthy has numerous benefits for children, it’s important for us to instill this mindset and habit from an early age.
Just some of the benefits of physical activity include:
  • Strengthens muscles and bones
  • Helps to develop coordination
  • Enhances concentration and learning
  • Makes children feel good

Think about how you feel after exercising. You might feel a bit warm or sweaty. You might need a drink of water. Try feeling your heart beating before and after exercise. Is there a difference to the strength or speed that it is beating?

Can you challenge yourself to a whole week of exercise? This can be anything from Joe Wicks, playing on a trampoline or a daily walk.
I am also going to take up this challenge and keep a record of what exercise I have done each day
💪🏼

Will you manage to do some good exercise today? You can email myself or your child’s key worker as we would love to see how you get on.
Louise  🏃🏻‍♀️
louise.mccloskey@eastayrshire.org.uk

Sorting

Hi Everyone 🔴🟡🟢🔵🟣
I’m sorry I’m so late with my little job for you to do today but I’ve been very busy doing something very exciting for you and your grown ups to look at soon 🙂
Today I have went into my little boys room and all his cars were in such a mess 🙁 so we sorted them all out into colours, do you have anything that you could do that with in your house? It could be something different like Lego, socks, beads or trains?
Once we sorted them we counted them all in colours.

Can you tell me how many cars are in red, blue, orange and green?
Do you know what group has the least amount of cars?
Can you tell your grown up which group has the most?
Fo you know what group of cars have the same amount of cars?
This little job helps you to finger count, use some mathematical language and practise some colours as well.
I hope you have fun doing this!
See you soon
Jill 🙂

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Robert Burns Day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hi

A wee extra post.

Today is Robert Burns Day and we would have been doing lots of Scottish things in the nursery like painting the scotland flag 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, drawing pictures of Robert Burns 👤, tasting some scottish food like shortbread and haggis, neeps and tatties and even having a ceilidh.

Today why dont you try some scottish poems or sing some Scottish songs,

Have a dance to some ceilidh music,

Draw or paint some scottish pictures.

We would love to see what kind of Scottish things you and your family get upto.

Tracey 💜

tracey.beattie@eastayrshire.org.uk

Independence 💜💙💚❤💛

Good morning everyone 💛❤💚💙💜

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and had some fun in all that snow 🙂.

In nursery not only do we learn about shapes, colours and numbers and lots of other things  but we also learn how to be more independent.

Things like :-
🔹️putting on our own jackets and shoes.
🔹️Spreading our own toast and crackers.
🔹️Pouring our own milk and water.
🔹️Using a knife and fork.
🔹️Going to the toilet independently.

Skills like these help to build your child’s self esteem and confidence and helps with getting ready for school 👨‍🏫👩‍🏫.

At lunchtime we always encourage good table manners as well as encouraging the safe use of a knife and fork, try and always use your knife and fork when you are at home eating and try not to use your fingers.  Cutting your food can be very  tricky but always try yourself first before you get some help 🙂.

Having a sticker on the inside of your child’s shoes helps them to recognise which way is the right feet for them to put on by themselves.

Why not try and put your own jacket on and if you can also zip or fasten it up, put on your shoes or welly boots and go out a nice long walk with your family.

When you come home remember and also take your own jacket off and hang it up and also take off your own boots too.

Being independent can be hard work but with lots of practice it will soon be easy 🙂

Have a good week if you have any questions just email myself or your group lady 💜💙💚❤💛

Tracey 🙂💜

tracey.beattie@eastayrshire.org.uk

Storytelling Friday 💛💚❤️💙💜

Good Morning Everyone 😊

Reading and sharing stories with your child helps them to get to know sounds, words and develop language and early literacy skills.   Not only does reading stories to children spark their imagination but it can also help develop concentration and listening skills.

So as it’s Friday, and all the kids and grown ups have been working really hard all week, I thought it would be lovely to cuddle up on the couch with your grown up and read your favourite story.  Afterwards you could talk about the characters and what happened in the story.

I have attached a little video of me reading one of my favourite stories called ‘Slinky Malinki Early Bird’.

I would love to hear what your favourite stories are.

Happy Reading!📖

Debbie 💛

Email: Deborah.fitzgerald@eastayrshire.org.uk

Initial sounds

Good morning everyone 💜💛❤💚💙

Today I thought we could have a look at initial sounds.

I would like you to find objects that start with the same letter as your name for example T is for Tracey and T is for Train.

If you can do this, why not try and see if you can find any objects for the first letter of your mum, dad, brothers or sisters names or even any pets!

My pets name is also T …T is for Tilly.

Cant wait to see what you find.  Please send any photos to myself or your own group lady.

Have a fun everyone.

Tracey

tracey.beattie@eastayrshire.org.uk

Community Practitioner

As the home learning is set to continue until Mid-February we completely understand that staying at home as well as tackling home learning with your children can be extremely difficult. As always we here at Hurlford ECC are here to support as best we can during this time.

If you are needing any additional support or advice this may be something that our community practitioner Michelle Colquhoun can help with.

Here are contact details for Michelle along with some topics that Michelle can help with.

Please get in touch if you feel you may need too.