Headteacher’s Challenge #13

Good morning to you all on this sunny Tuesday morning 🙂

As I never managed to speak to all of our parents/carers in P5/6 and P4/5 last week I will be phoning again today, and I look forward to having a good blether with some of you.  It’s always great to hear how everyone – our pupils and their families – are getting on.  Remember, you can email us at any time with any issues/concerns.

Update on last week’s Food Tasting Challenge …

Beans – still a no-no from me, I’m afraid (yuck!) Coffee – another nope – couldn’t get past the smell.  Weetabix – I could maybe eat them for breakfast, occasionally, if there was absolutely nothing left in the cupboard.

I was glad to hear from some pupils that they tried my challenge and have discovered new foods to enjoy – Daryl now likes pies, Robbie likes noodles and Lauren likes her dad’s curry.  Success!

I’ll try another three food items this week and let you know how I get on.

Today’s challenge – make today a ‘Tell A Joke Day’. 

Whilst helping my youngest son to clean out his room we discovered a Joke Book, and then spent the rest of the day telling each other corny jokes and making up our own puns.  So, Google ‘kids jokes’ and then share as many as you can with your family.

When Charlie was facetiming his papa later that day, he shared some of his jokes with him – it was great to hear them both laughing so much, and I’m going to use my dad’s joke to get you started on your Tell A Joke Challenge today.

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Disease

Disease who?

Disease wee troosers fit me?

I look forward to reading some of your jokes later on your blogs or emails – we love when you share your work with us online.

As always, take care, stay safe and keep in touch.

Mrs Govans x    Judith.govans@east-ayrshire.gov.uk