With the PS and ECC closing today at 1.00pm for the start of the summer holidays, I would like to take this opportunity to say a few thank yous …
Thanks to the staff in both establishments – ELCP practitioners, office staff, Classroom Assistants and teachers – for their flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment in working together to get organised for our August return. Our playrooms and classrooms are set up, resources are organised and timetables are done – no doubt there will be changes to be made over the summer and we will continue to update you via our ECC and PS blog and APP.
Special thanks to …
- Helen Hall who has worked throughout this time at Auchinleck Academy kitchen whilst cleaning our PS
- Janet Fleming for working weekly at the Auchinleck Hub along with her ECC committments
- Stuart McCreath for his great help with the physical set-up of our classrooms and PS areas
- Mrs McDicken, Kim and Deborah for their brilliant resource-ordering skills over the last few weeks to ensure that our establishments are well stocked and ready for our pupils to return
- Alana, Depute Manager at Catrine ECC, and Mrs Schendel, Principal Teacher, for the hours spent on groupings, timetabling, staff rotas and planning
- our PS Parent Council for their continued support
- the parents/carers, family and friends of our pupils for your brilliant efforts at home learning during this time – you have organised some truly wonderful learning activities for your children and they have loved spending this time with you
- and last, but by no means least, to the children of Catrine ECC and PS who have risen wonderfully to the challenge of home learning. They had to adapt so quickly to a whole new way of learning, away from their friends, teachers and ECC and school environment and we have missed them every day
At the end of any school year there are always goodbyes to be said too.
At the ECC we wish Marion well as she starts her new job, and at the PS we say goodbye to Miss Robb, Miss Robertson and Mr Speirs as they move onto the next stage of their education careers. I would like to thank them all for their professionalism and dedication to the children of Catrine – they have all been such important members of our staff teams.
Good luck to our Primary 7 pupils as they move onto secondary school – we had a brilliant visit with them and their parents yesterday in our playground and it was great to see them. We have a ‘proper’ P7 Leavers Day still to come – details to follow …
Good luck to our ECC leavers – we look forward to welcoming our new P1 pupils into Catrine PS and I’m sure our pupils heading to other schools will settle in quickly too.
So I’ll sign off as usual, take care, stay safe and keep in touch.
Mrs Govans x