Goodbye from Miss Edmund

Hello Everyone!

What a year P3 have had and I have loved every minute of it! I cannot believe we are at the end of our P3 journey and what a journey it has been!

I have made a little video of some of my time in P3. Thank you for being you P3!

Thank you for all the well wishes, cards and gifts they have been greatly appreciated! I hope you all have a great summer (better weather pending) and enjoy your new classes in August being the new P4’s!

I will miss you all!

Miss Edmund πŸ™‚

Final week of P3!

Marble run making in numeracy!

P3 created some fantastic Tie Dye bags that have all been sent home!

Our fantastic Catrine’s got talent contestants! Well done you were all amazing!

Poppy brought in her trophy she recieved at her dancing ball – she recieved this for outstanding achievement! Well done Poppy!

We had a movie morning watching Monsters University with popcorn and snacks!

I couldn’t leave Catrine without a final prank on Mrs Govans! We had water running in our classroom this morning πŸ™‚

P3 Achievements

Well done to P3’s Alfie for his achievements with Auchinleck Talbot 2014s football team! He and BrodyΒ  received an award for outstanding football skills for season 21/22 at their award ceremony at the weekend. Throughout the year these boys have worked tremendously hard outside of school and have shown great sportmanship! Well done boys!

End of Term 4

Good Afternoon Everyone!

This week is our last full week of P3! Time has just flown past us!

The week beginning Monday 27th June we will be clearing out some of the classroom to make space for our new term starting in August. Can I ask that each pupil brings a plastic bag in to transport all of their lovely work back home?

I have suggested that pupils can bring in a small toy/game/ boardgame to play with in the afternoon of Monday (27th) and Tuesday (28th).

Please do not send any electrical gaming devices or tablets as I would hate for something to happen to them! I have lots of games and puzzles that the pupils can play with if they do not want to bring something in from home.

As a treat on the last day (29th) I have agreed with the pupils they can choose to watch a movie and can bring in a snack to enjoy whilst the film is on.

Miss Edmund

Sports Day 2022

Hello Everyone!

Thank you to everyone that came to cheer on our fabulous P3 at their sports day! They all made me very proud and demonstrated great sportmanship πŸ™‚

Tommy Hilfiger Quote: β€œGood sportsmanship goes beyond the game; it starts with respect.”

Well done to our P3 Flat Race Winners

Boys – Brody 1st, Cole 2nd and Conlan 3rd!

Girls – Lucie 1st, Harper 2nd and Jalyn 3rd!

Our novelty egg and spoon race winners!

Boys – Steven 1st, Tristan 2nd and Brody 3rd!

Girls – Brooke 1st, Harper 2nd and Lucie 3rd!

Friday Round Up

Hello Everyone!

I hope you have all had a great week πŸ™‚

This week in numeracy we have continued our measurement of length unit. Pupils have been exploring estimating and measuring using a ruler and metre stick.

Literacy’s focus this week has been on our class talks. I am so proud of every pupil in P3 for all their hard work and effort into their talks! We have a very talented P3 and they all are capable to be anything they want to be! They enjoyed a little sweet treat this afternoon as a reward for putting in so much effort.Β  In our class we have a few aspiring police officers, game developers, professional footballers, army veterans, make up artists and hairdressers. Along with a few artists and teachers in there too!!

This week was our final week with Kilmarnock Football Club, P3 have had a great time on a Tuesday morning practicing their dribbling , team work and endurance through fun and active games. We have some excellent footballers in P3 and I hope this 4 week block has been enjoyed by all!

Final note to say that the class talks was the last piece of homework for P3 as I know this term can be a tad busy. Thank you to all the pupils and parents for their efforts with homework this year – it has been greatly appreciated!

Have a lovely weekend!

Miss Edmund πŸ™‚

Friday Round Up

Hello Everyone!

I hope you have all had a great week – P3 have had a great week working hard.

In literacy we have been writing letters to the Queen asking her lots of different questions about her Jubilee and we have been telling her what we have got planned for next week!

In numeracy we have been finishing off our time topic. Pupils have been enjoying the tuff tray challenges set this week.

This week was World of Work Week – as a class we discussed different jobs and what skills you would need to do them. It was a great opportunity to discuss with the pupils what they were basing their talks on. We have a very skilled P3 class!

We used our gym session on Wednesday to explore some of the skills we need to listen. We tried some starter activities which meant the pupils had to listen for pass it on. They had to also listen to the touch of what was being drawn on their back… we had great fun!

P3 then worked together in groups to create freeze frames of some occupations! The pupils enjoyed the drama lesson and have asked for it to be done again! Hopefully we will have a chance to do it soon.

Lucie, Harry, Mikey, Cole and Luna’s freeze frame – can you guess the job?

Conlan, Harper, Steven and Sophie’s freeze frame – can you guess the job?

Finlay, Alfie, Maddisen and Myia’s freeze frame – can you guess the job?

Have a great weekend!

Miss Edmund πŸ™‚

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – East Ayrshire site