CONCEPT CAT

Good morning boys and girls, I told you on my daily task post that I had a surprise for you and here it is😊. As your Literacy Champion here at Catrine ECC I am going to be delivering a block of online learning regarding my new initiative which is Concept Cat. I am sure you will all love it as much as me and enjoy taking part!

What is Concept Cat?

Concept Cat is a very clever cat that helps children to learn lots of new concepts. This helps to develop and build children’s vocabulary and also giving them an understanding of the words. I will be posting weekly Concept Cat videos with a new concept each week. Now… for the fun part, below is our first week of Concept Cat which also includes your challenges👏!!

I hope you have enjoyed Concept Cat’s word of the week and that you have learned something new. Remember to send in your pictures, videos and work that you have completed based upon the challenges to leoni.gilmour@eastayrshire.org.uk

Curricular Areas Covered:

Literacy- listening to a story, recalling story through own experiences, clapping out words, identifying and recognising syllables, learning new words by listening for useful information, uses new vocabulary within various situations and joins in with rhymes (missing word)

Numeracy- counting out, making a tally sheet, groups objects by criteria, use of mathematical language, collects and organises objects for a specific purpose

Expressive Arts-takes on a role within a real situation to re-enact a story and participating within rhymes.