Wednesday 3rd February 2021

Hi everyone I hope you are all enjoying the fun posts that we have been putting up for you.

Today we are going to focus on identifying and understanding the initial sounds of words.

Below are a few fun ideas to try.

The first challenge is to go on a scavenger hunt to find a variety of different objects and items.

Next, encourage your child to name the object and attempt to identify the initial sound e.g a doll starts with a “d”. To challenge your child you can ask them to think of another word starting with the sound and draw a picture starting with the same sound e.g draw a dog.

How many things can you find around your house starting with the first sound of your name?

Here is what I managed to find …….

Jj for Julie –           jug          jam          jar         jellyfish

Can you send me a photo of what you found using the first letter of your name?

Here is a fun video to get you moving & singing.

Curricular Areas

Literacy – explore and play with the patterns and sounds of words, discovering how they work together, listening, speech sounds, pencil control and letter formation when drawing. 

Health & Wellbeing – moving your body physically during video while learning about letters.

Any pictures you have could you please send them to my email address stated below thanks.

julie.nohar@eastayrshire.gov.uk