Primary 1 Visit to Burns Museum

Our Primary 1 classes recently went on a trip to Robert Burns Birthplace Museum. When we arrived at the museum we participated in a tim’rous beasties workshop. This was ideal for building movement and language skills through imagination and performance and helped us work towards the following Curriculum for Excellence outcome:
LIT 0-07a
To help me understand stories and other texts, I ask questions and link what I am learning with what I already know.
Children explored the museum dressed up as Burns’ wee tim’rous beasties. They particularly enjoyed a game where they were to hide in a field and protect their homes from a hoolet (owl) that would chase them.
We enjoyed various role play activities with Hannah. Look at our cute wee fluffy ears and tails!
After our lunch break we were joined by Alison, a volunteer for the National Trust for Scotland. She took us on a guided tour of other Robert Burns Museum destinations. We visited Burns Monument, Brig O’Doon, Alloway Auld Kirk and finally Burns Cottage. We enjoyed finding out about Robert Burns’ past and looking at artefacts.
SOC 0-01a
I am aware that different types of evidence can help me to find out about the past.
We had to look for objects in the monument with links to the number 3

<

On our walk we found a large statue of 'To a Mouse'
We compared Burns Cottage with our own homes. Everyone liked the thatched roof.