Our Weekly News – 29th October

Our Weekly News – Friday 29th October
Each week we will endeavour to share something from each class but this may not always be the case. For further details and information about our school, please head over to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KBTPrimary.
.
.
P1F
The boys and girls in P1-F enjoyed engaging in Hallowe’en activities throughout the week.
They investigated pumpkins to help write a report. The boys and girls identified and named key parts and described the pumpkin.
This week we started ‘Buddy Writing’. Each child has a P6/7 buddy who will help them talk about, think about and self-assess their piece of writing.
“I liked carving the pumpkins and taking the seeds out.” – Sam
“The pumpkin gunk didn’t feel nice!” – Harry
.
.
P1M
P1M had a lovely spooky Friday making and designing witches, doing some spooky maths, writing about our pumpkins and playing some fun Hallowe’en games!
“I liked making the witches, it was cool.” William
“I liked cutting up the paper to make my witch.” Millie
.
.
P2
P2 came to school on Friday in fantastic Hallowe’en costumes. They did Hallowe’en activities and had a spooky music lesson. They were using drumsticks to make loud and quiet sounds.
“It sounds like rain.” Freya
“It sounds like thunder.” Piper
“I was rubbing my drumsticks together to make a fire. It’s getting warmer!” Raine
.
.
P3/4
In primary 3/4, we have been writing a report about Kirkcudbright and thinking about all the places people can visit.
We have also been learning about Sikhism and Guru Nanak.
On Friday, we enjoyed Hallowe’en activities and dressing up.
.
.
P5
We got creative and very active with hoops in P.E this week. We moved around the space using the hoop in lots of ways, using different parts of the body to control our hoops.
Lots of P5 enjoyed dressing up for Hallowe’en and went into a lot of effort with their costumes. Well done P5!
Rhys – “I pushed the hoop and made it come back.’’
Xena – “I swirled the hoop around my arm.’’
Tyler – “I used lots of fun paint for my zombie outfit.’’
Reminders
Please make sure your child has suitable shoes for in school and for P.E on Monday and Thursday. Thank You!
.
.
P6/7
This week we visited the Galloway Hoard in Kirkcudbright Art Gallery. There were lots of ancient artefacts and we played lots of fun games. Molly said, “I really enjoyed the hoard; my favourite thing was the golden bird pin.” There were lots of silver armbands and there was a vessel that was filled with lots of valuable artefacts.
In PE this week we have been learning how to do the Dashing White Sergeant, which is a Scottish country dance. Everybody enjoyed it. “I thought it was very good because I have never done Scottish country dancing.” –Sunny. “I loved the dancing and liked how we learned a new dance.”- Reagan W.
Lots of the class dressed up for Hallowe’en and we all played fun games and we got to decorate a skull for Day of the Dead. Alexander said, “I really enjoyed dressing up”.
Reminders
The Dumfries and Galloway Sumdog competition is live! It runs until 8pm on Thursday the 4th November. Please login and get us up the leaderboard.
Don’t forget an outdoor PE kit for Mondays this term.
.
.
P7
We visited the Galloway Hoard at the Art Gallery. We enjoyed a hands on session and finding out about the artefacts.
We created portraits of Frankenstein in the style of Pablo Picasso.
We attended a live virtual lesson with the National Museum of Scotland about Biodiversity: Life in Scotland. We found out about Eco Systems and wild life in Scotland.
Elle – “It was really interesting how the hoard items lasted over 1000 years.”
Lucas – “My favourite item was the little bird pin.”
Ollie – “Sheep’s jaws move from side to side to help them chew grass.”
Tanya – “Insects are really important. We need them so our Eco Systems survive. “
Reminders
PE days this term are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Homework for Nicola – 3 times spend thirty mins doing something you enjoy.