Kirkcolm Primary School

– what have we been up to?

Our Last Hurrah! (for now…)

Given everything going on in the world at the moment and the anticipated closure of schools, we here at Kirkcolm were very sad to be closing our doors to the wonderful students who make us laugh, smile, confuse us and every other emotion you can imagine on a daily basis!

We thought it only fitting we should go out for a bang and the pupils and teachers banded together determined that, despite factors outwith our control, we WOULD be putting on our school show – we had worked far too hard for too long to let it amount to nothing. So a couple weeks short of some practises, a whole lot of last minute costume decisions (Can’t thank Jemima Johnstone enough for managing to get everything from the drama club for us!) some panic moments and some ‘die laughing’ moments… We. Got. There.

So on Friday the 20th of March all of us Kirkcolm pupils, teachers and parents banded together to go out with a BANG  for the untimely end this term came to! I think we can all agree whole-heartedly that every single pupil gave it their best, tried their hardest to memorise all these lines and songs and put on a fantastic show for us all to enjoy!

I am so proud of the work our school has put in and the pupils really are the gems of it all. It was a fantastic end to this terms and I think we are all very excited for the day we get to come together again.

Thank you once again for all the help from parents during these hectic times and for coming it to see our kids shine! If you couldn’t make it to the performance – here are some shots of the day which I hope show you how special it was;