I Forgot the News!

14th February 2053

The world has been wrecked. That stupid President Trump and his drills in the Arctic have caused it to melt and caused tsunamis to topple the Leaning Tower Of Pisa, rust the Eiffel tower, and blow out Liberty’s Torch. Many animals have gone extinct. Us humans are now living in metros and underground areas. We are making homes underground. We have started to evolve gills to survive the tsunamis easier due to recent research.

Stormy Rainy Day 🧜‍♂️

Hello everyone,

Today I have written some sentences about what I learned from my polar bear work. The polar bears live in the Arctic. There are other Arctic animals and I will tell you some. Fox, wolf, snow owl, The Northern Lights are the colour in the sky. You might see it like a rainbow but there is even more, you can go on an adventure to see them. Snow birds are called this because they are black and white and live in the Arctic. For the native dress I chose 2021 clothes. I don’t want animals to die 😥 they’re the nature of life.

I did odd and even numbers in maths. Then I did fractions of thirds. I got a bit of help from Mark and we put chocolate into thirds to help me understand. Later I coloured in fractions of different shapes. I also did my spelling and read The Cat King.

Goodbye see you all tomorrow. Be happy, smile every day and have fun. xxx

I’ll Never Be Gone…😈

Hi! Caspian here.

Today I did maths. I also did connectives in spelling. I researched the ANtarctica and wrote down ten facts. I did a piece of work about 250 words. I had to write either a lockdown story or a holiday story. I chose my holiday in Silloth a year ago. Here it is:

Me and my family went to Silloth last year on holiday. At the disco Mark won a prize for a free drink as he and Tanith won a dance contest. We also went down to the games and Tanith won every one. I gave Idris lots of walks. Then that night we had pizza then went into our cabin’s hot tub. The next day, we went to the pool and went in the jacuzzi. The day after we went to the beach in our Russian army truck. We went on a mini train ride the next day. After that, we went to the arcade and had hot dogs, candy floss and played on the racing arcade machines. We then went to look at the sea and take in the salty air. Next we had a picnic, consisting of: cheese and ham sandwiches, cake, and fruit.  I also learnt archery at a PE centre and Tanith did really well at shooting the arrows. I also had a nerf gun fight. I won!

I have also had a clear out of some of my books to make room for Pokemon books.  I want to donate the ones I have taken out to school.

That is all for today! And where did the sun go?!!!

Ekans! (Ekans (A Pokemon) for goodbye)

Home learning

Hi it’s Rhys. Today I have done Sumdog, 5 a day and I finished one of my polar tasks and started my other one. Bye

What I’ve been doing.

Hi Team Holywood.
I’ve done my 2x table column and my first adding column. I chose to use partitioning as it’s my favourite way to work out adding sums. I also did the fractions sheets.

I’ve done quite a bit of Epic. I’m a bit sad as I’ve finished all the Cat Ninja books. My favourite one is the last one because it has time travel in it. The only bad bit about it was that it was the last one. The stories are about a cat that is a ninja that fights bad guys. He has a side kick that used to be a super villain. He is called Master Hamster. Cat Ninja’s real name is Claude.
I also read the Loch Ness Monster sheet and the book on Epic.

I ended today watching Horrible Histories. I really like Horrible Histories and watch them lots even when it’s not school time.

Stay safe Team Holywood.
Rory.

My work update

Hi everyone!
I’ve been doing lots of fractions! My head is full of fractions. I’ve done all the work on equivalent fractions and now finished all the work on simplifying fractions. I’ve got really good at simplifying them. I think I’ve got the hang of it and now will be attempting the Sumdog challenge. I already did a bit but wanted more practice before I did more. I’ve also done my 5-a-day spicy level. I thought I was stuck on one question but my Mum was helping Rory with something. I realised I could do it and didn’t need help after all.  I also did the first Sudoku. We are starting to be a bit Sudoku mad in this house now! I’ve got a Sudoku app.

I did a piece of writing about being away for Christmas. I planned it all out before I wrote it.

For Christmas 2019 we travelled to Aviemore to stay in a hotel for Christmas day. It was me, Rory, my Mum and Dad. We travelled by car and it was about 4 hours traveling time.

On Christmas morning I woke up with joy knowing it was Christmas. I was over the moon to open my presents. Me and Rory both opened Santa’s presents first. My favourite present from Santa was a Toki Doki unicorn with a hippocampus tail. It was blue with a golden tail, golden horn, and a beautiful diamond on her side. I decided to name her Diemealia.

After opening all the presents from Santa we all went to the restaurant in the hotel. I stuffed my face with croissants because they tasted delicious! I had 4 croissants. I had some fruit just to stay healthy as well. After breakfast we all headed back to the room to open the rest of the presents. My favourite present I got from my parents was a game called Pokemon Shield. I love Pokemon and I was delighted when I saw that they got me it.

Suddenly we saw 5 reindeer outside the hotel. There was 1 white reindeer and 4 hazel brown reindeer. It turned out they were Santa’s reindeer. We walked outside to go and meet the reindeer. I was able to stroke them. Their coats felt like velvet. I love reindeer a lot. They are one of my favourite animals.

We went back to our room and sat down to rest for a bit because we were about to go swimming. My Dad didn’t want to swim so only my Mum, Rory and I left the room after about an hour rest. Swimming is one of my favourite sports. I used to go to swimming class, but it got a bit boring because I already knew how to swim. I swam around like a dolphin a lot. There was a bigger pool and a smaller one. We were allowed in both, but we stayed in the bigger one for most of the time. There were  only 1 or 2 other people there so we had a lot of space. The smaller pool had a slide that was yellow and brown. It was quite a small slide.

After swimming for about an hour or so we went back to the room and dried off. For Christmas dinner Rory and I had a buffet while our parents had a traditional Christmas dinner. There was a lot of delicious food. I ate mountains of food because I was famished. I had 3 plates that left me stuffed. My parents ordered me a dessert that had a hard honey glass bit on top that you had to break and the inside tasted soft and creamy. It tasted like heaven.

That evening we all went to the cinema that was in a hotel next door to the one we were staying in. The cinema room was massive! It was dark and cavernous. The movie we went to see was Star wars: Rise Of Skywalker. I’m not always into Star Wars, but I did enjoy the movie. After the interesting movie we watched we were heading back to the hotel and we realised there were fireworks going off. We decided to watch the firework display before heading inside. The fireworks were bright and loud.

The day had been busy and exhausting.To finish our day off we all got back to the room and watched tv while going to sleep.

We have watched an episode of Horrible Histories today as it’s one of Rory’s favourite shows right now.

I hope you are all well and keep safe! Keep smiling.
Cleo x

PANCAKES!!!🥞🥞🥞🥞🥞

Hi everybody,

Today I am going to talk about  PANCAKES!!! More specifically, I want to talk about PANCAKE!!! DAY!  It is one of my favourite holidays EVER!!! You get to eat PANCAKES!!! All-day! Which is what we did.

First, for breakfast, we had drop scones (small sweet PANCAKES!!!). Then for lunch, we had galettes (french savoury PANCAKES!!!). I had oeuf et fromage (egg and cheese) in mine. Finally, for tea, we had crepes (french sweet PANCAKES!!!) I had chocolate what’s your favourite topping. PANCAKES!!! Are awesome!

See you, Joe.

Sumdog Challenge

I finished the sumdog 250 question challenge

and I did an extra 10 questions!

Just a little post this morning

Byyyeee,

Hannah