The Zoo Debate

Hi its Erin

After Reading Rhonas zoo blog it is a bit hard to agree with her. Because i think zoos are good because people get to see animals that they might not see otherwise see  I’ve seen a elephant pooping and it was disgusting. That was a thing I would have never have seen.

Also zoos don’t take animals from the wild any more because they have enough to breed at the zoo meaning zoos are good.  I don’t agree with how they used to take from the wild.

On our planet it said that a zoo in England have a turtle rescue programme for baby turtles that swim to far out to see to find food. They treat the baby turtles to make sure they are healthy to go back to the tropical and they send them on there first but hopefully there last plane ride.

Zoos who don’t have enough space need funding and help to make it better for the animals. I wouldn’t want any animal to be looked after unkindly or treated badly anyone could be looked after unkindly not just animals.

I found my information on our planet and zoo websites . I also learned about a frozen zoo where they freeze rare animal blood that they can use to breed more animals when they get extinct.

I support ZOOS

3 Replies to “The Zoo Debate”

1. Interesting points Erin. I’m sort of split down the middle. I think a lot of zoos do fantastic work like research programmes, breeding programmes and rescue programmes like the one you mentioned. At the same time though I find it sad to see animals behind bars and in enclosures. I am undecided on the issue!