Polar Bear Project

Hello Team Holywood,

How is everyone? I hope that you are all well.

Today l done some research on polar bears. I found some amazing facts and things I didn’t know about them. It’s fascinating that their fur is actually clear though the snow makes it look white.

.

Bye! Oriana

5 Replies to “Polar Bear Project”

1. Lots of fascinating facts there Ori, its cool that their fur is clear isn’t it? Have you found out what colour their skin is? Wow, up to 10 days in the water seems amazing. Hope you are all well and doing ok at home, great to hear from you!

2. Hi Ori. I am good thank you! How are you? Fantastic polar bear facts, I didn’t know that their tails were so small compared to the rest of their bodies. Have you had a go at drawing one yet?

3. You have some great facts there, Oriana. I can remember watching a programme on television that said that white does not actually exist in nature, for example, snow is not white it is clear and it is the tiny crystals that reflect the light that make it appear white.

4. Hi Oriana,
    You have shared some accurate facts, well done. I’m glad you found the polar bears interesting. I wonder if their skin goes wrinkly when they are in the water for so long, like ours would if we were in the bath for a long time?