Hayo Miyazaki and a map!

Hello folks how are you all?

For my artists around the world task l chose to learn about… Hayo Miyazaki! Here are some facts about him.

• He is a Japanese manga artist.

• He is also an animator, filmmaker and co founder of Studio Ghibli.

• He is 79 but he is still working/ drawing!

• He made at least 38 movies!
  • Every film he has made contains a flying scene because of his love for airplanes.
  • He traveled a lot when he was a child and that is what inspired his artwork.

Here is my picture of Princess Mononoke in his style.

Today l made a map of my garden with my daddy and sister. It was great fun but a little bit hard to start with. The most interesting part of the task was learning how to draw an accurate map from our rough measurements. Here is the finished result…

Until next time…

8 Replies to “Hayo Miyazaki and a map!”

1. Wow Oriana, your Manga drawing and map of your garden are amazing. Did Daddy help quite a bit with the map of the garden? It looks very professional.

2. Your Princess Mononoke drawing is wonderful Ori, you’ve included great detail! Your map is fantastic too, great work!!

3. I love your manga art Ori, it’s brilliant! The map is excellent too, and I think its so great that you went for the extra challenge and measured the garden to make a more accurate map.

4. This is some seriously cool manga art Oriana. I have never heard of Hayo Miyazaki so thank you for sharing your facts about him. Fantastic map as well. It looks very professional! Well done. 🙂

5. Your Manga drawing is brilliant Ori! Well done for managing to find out so many interesting facts about the artist. Your map is so detailed Ori – fab work!

6. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! I did have help from daddy to get them all in the right place but I did the rest.