BOOK BLETHER

Welcome to another Friday Book Blether!

I hope you have all been enjoying lots of great books this week. I have started reading The Explorer by Katherine Rundell – thank you for the recommendation Rhona! I am reading it with my son which is nice because we can chat about the story as we go – a bit like a family book group  (great idea Joe!).

The thing I am loving about The Explorer is how Katherine Rundell manages to transport you to The Amazon through her amazing descriptive language…the sights, the smells, the sounds…you feel like you are there!

So, inspired by The Explorer, this week we are going to think about story setting:

• Where does the story take place?
  • How does the author describe the place?
  • What can you see, hear, smell, feel as you read the story?

You can tell us about a book you’re reading at the moment, or a book you have already read.

Look forward to hearing from you!

2 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. Hi Mrs Jardine – I also loved reading the Explorers. I recently bought three more copies and gave them to my sister and my dad (the third one is for the reading hub). I hope to have a chat with them after they have read it.

2. That’s good we have a copy for the Reading Hub. I’m sure it will be a popular book when we’re back!