Living Things πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ˆπŸ₯🐷🐼🐊🦚

Hello team Holywood how are you all? Hope you are well and enjoying the sunshine! Yesterday was World Β Otters Day so today l learned about Otters here are some facts about these fascinating animals!

• Otters are a member of the Weasel family
  • Some sea otters cover themselves in seaweed when they sleep
  • The largest otter is 1.8 meters and can weigh up to 45 kg
  • The smallest otter is two feet long and weighs 1 kg

North American sea otters are hunted for their fur but there are organisations around the world trying to stop the hunting.

Here is a drawing of my otter. Oriana

8 Replies to “Living Things πŸ™πŸ¬πŸ¦ŠπŸ¦ˆπŸ₯🐷🐼🐊🦚”

1. I didn’t know it was world otter day yesterday Ori, cool! I like otters, we saw lots of sea otters when I was on holiday in Monterey in America. Thanks for sharing your facts with us! πŸ™‚

2. Hello Ori! Great facts, why do some sea otters cover themselves in seaweed while they sleep? I’ve never heard of this before.

3. Hi Miss Brockie Donald and Miss Stapleton
    Sea Otters cover themselves in seaweed to stop them drifting away! I am trying to raise awareness of these extraordinary animals..

4. Great facts Ori! I like the idea of a seaweed blanket to stop them drifting away. They sound like very smart animals!

5. Your facts about otters are great, Oriana and what a beautiful drawing – well done.

6. Hi Ori, I am doing good thank you, how are you? Wow, really great facts here! I love that they cover themselves in seaweed to stop them drifting away, how clever!