LEARN

We learn about  smoking for people end in hosple and get a new hart and they can go home and spentam with there failmy.

learning at holywood

This week we have started fast writing it when we have fifteen minutes to write a short story the goal is to get to the bottom of the page if you don’t get half way you have to stay in for break. in math’s this week we started a holiday budget money challenge I love money tasks. Also in writing we were doing a task for drugs that are in your house my team are doing pirition which is a antihistamine I have had it multiple times for insect stings and that’s it for the week so far.

Learning At Holywood

This week we have been talking about the legal drugs we keep at home, like Paracetamol and Ibuprofen. We have been asked to learn about one of the medicines we have and then make a big model of the box. Miss Dale brought in some empty boxes from her house so we could have a look at them and see what the little information sheets inside the boxes said about the medicine. We have been learning about the affects of smoking and alcohol as well, but we did those a couple of weeks ago. If you are wondering what the topic is called, it is called Substance Miss-use. We have been learning that people can get addicted to some medicines and alcohol.

We started a new writing thing this morning with Miss Dale! It is called quick writing! Miss Dale gives you an assigned piece, and you have to try and get to the bottom of the page within the 15 minutes she gives us. If you get halfway down the page, then you do not have to stay in at break, but if you do not get to halfway, then you have to stay in at break-time and do more writing. Todays piece was: If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?

I chose a Phoenix, but not any Phoenix! It was an ice Phoenix! Instead of being your normal yellow, orange, gold, red and tan, this one is Electric Blue!

P7’s also started their P7 Profiles today! :/

By Kaylan, P7

P1/2 Topic

We have been learning all about rivers and the River Nith.

We have been learning about the animals on the River Nith and we made posters about them. We learned about ospreys, otters, salmon, barnacle geese, herons and goosanders.

We learned that the water cut its own path to make the river bed. We tried this with sand in the Niagra Falls and the water made a path through! This is called erosion!

We have learned about the parts of a river. It starts at the source on a hill. It finishes at the mouth where it joins the sea or loch. The little streams that join it are called tributaries. The bends are called meanders.

We made models of rivers and we have worked together to make a big wall display of the Nith. Come into class to see them!

Art compotation

On Big Thursday we are doing a art competition. They are going to take one piece of the art  we have been working on and they will vote on they’re  favorite and It will be pout in a calendar and selled all around the world so every on can see  are art. Its a competition but p1-3 are doing dragons and p4-7 are doing spark flicker flame.

school and my weekend

we are learning about drugs ‘smoking’ alcohol. we are also learning about kiva it is a anti bulling thing that kids get taught we are one of the first schools that are learning about kiva. tomorrow is are cross country competition we are also doing a art competition p4/7 are doing spark flick or flame p1/3 are doing dragons.on the weekend my uncle and I went shooting  with his rifle and his shotgun. his shotgun can have ten in the chamber it is a ten boar shotgun we were shooting clays. my uncle has AUIDI RS4 it is a sports car.

Masked Adventure !

P5 to p7 have been writing stories about what would happen if they found a strange mask and decided to put it on. Some people wrote about finding it in the sea or in a cave. I wrote about finding mine on a forest floor when I was running to get home. It looked like a clock but with no numbers, the hands were gold but one was bent and twisted.

Personally, I  really liked the subject and writing a story about it. I hope we get to do more stories like this soon!

learning at Holywood !!!

Lately we have been doing legal drug work , I am doing work about calpol so I am going to find the positives and the negatives. (  here is a fact , you can get addicted  to calpol and calpol is also very dangerous if you use it too much ! ) for our work we have to create a bigger box of calpol (  or the medicine that you are doing  ) and write all the instructions on the back and copy the front on to yours.

At math’s we have been learning percentages like 10% , 20% , 25% and 50% ( also there is others ) but with those percentages we have been doing money work that is like 50% off of a chocolate bar !!!

We have been practicing for cross country since last month and tomorrow is the big day because it will be cross country tomorrow !!! 🙂 we have been doing 5-8min runs around the field.

Learning At Holywood

This morning  primary 7 have started there P.7 profiles and miss dale just told us after the Easter holidays primary 7 only have 1 more term left a Holywood.

Me and Kaylan just looked at each other like wow that’s came quick but we are kinda excited for high school but nervous at the same time.

With Miss McIntyre we are doing plastic pollution and a few days back we done a slogan for people to stop throwing plastic in the sea/ocean.

By Ebony