Learning Resources and Survey

Survey for Pupils
What’s working well for children and young people during school closures? Children and young people around the UK are being asked about life during coronavirus. Click here to complete the survey to give your opinions about what is working well, and what else would help during this time.

Learning Resources

Resilience Alphabet

I wanted to share this super learning resource called the Resilience Alphabet. The Resilience Alphabet includes ideas and activities to help you build inner strength and wellbeing.  For each letter there is a definition, something to think about, something positive to say and some suggestions of things to Make, Do or Write.

Being resilient is all about how well you deal with and cope with difficult situations, which we are all facing more than ever during this tricky time. If you are resilient, you have the skills to bounce-back or recover from challenges. We have talked a lot about ‘bouncing back’ in school and I hope this is something you can use to help ‘bounce back’ at home.

The Resilience Alphabet can be used in lots of different way to develop these skills.

It’s up to you how and when you choose to use the Resilience Alphabet. Perhaps you could randomly select letters of the alphabet – maybe using the letters within your name, or perhaps start at the very beginning, a, b, c and so on, trying to complete one letter a day?

I think these are great ideas to stay positive and I will be trying some of these out at home! Please share if you do try any of the activities and I hope these help you.

This morning I tried letter ‘A’. I thought about how I’ve had to adapt to not seeing all of your lovely faces in our normal classroom, and instead I try to plan fun lessons and activities for us to try in our new online classroom. I practised saying “Every day I’m learning how to adapt by doing things differently” and then I tried 2 of the “Do” activities. I tried to brush my teeth with my other hand which was very tricky! (and messy!) Then I tried to draw a picture of a cat with my eyes closed 🐱I don’t think it’s too bad… I think I will try another letter later as it made me smile. Which letters of the Resilience Alphabet will you try today? Share it with us if you can!

Keep your eyes open for any more learning resources to be shared throughout the week.

Love from Miss McInally