End of Term Message

Good morning Primary 5!

I cannot believe we have reached the end of term 4 and the end of P5! I’m so proud of all of you and the goals you have reached this year. More importantly, I’m so proud of how you have faced recent challenges. Well done for all of your hard work throughout the year and a big well done for all of your super home learning! A big thank you to all of your adults and siblings at home who have helped you with your home learning journey.

I had the best time being your teacher this year. Thank you for all the memories and all the times you made me laugh and smile. I hope you have a fantastic summer holiday and I cannot wait to see all of your lovely faces at school next term. Be sure to come visit me and tell me all about your stories and adventures! Today would have been our end of term party or celebration so have a dance around, snuggle up and watch a movie, play some fun games outside if you can or fill your day with any activity that makes you smile. I wish you all the best of luck in Primary 6, you will all be super! A little poem to see us off into the summer…

Have the best summer! Lots of love, Miss McInally x

P5 Home Learning- Week beginning 22.06.2020

Good morning Primary 5! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I cannot believe we have reached the last week of term and your last week of Primary 5! I know it is not the last week of term that we would have imagined but I hope you all have fun with the activities this week and take some time to look back on our super (and different!) year! I have had the best year teaching you all and I hope you are super excited to move into Primary 6 after the summer holidays.

I have uploaded this week’s Learning Grid and activities below.

I have included more fun Numeracy, Literacy, Health and Wellbeing and other activities in our Grid. Remember, you could choose an activity from each area to try each day or whatever works best for you and your family. If a document is underlined in the grid, this means it is a separate document (these are all listed at the bottom of this post). There are also some links to websites in the grid.

Please click on the links at the bottom of this post to see this week’s Learning Grid and activities.

Remember, do not worry if you do not have a printer and cannot print some of the activities, just write your answers or copy the activity onto paper or in your jotter. You can also use paper or any scrap paper to create some of the resources you may need.

You can also check out the school’s Twitter for extra learning ideas or visit our previous blog posts for extra learning resources.

Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to share any learning or what you have been up to! As always, I would love to hear from you.

Again, please do not worry if you do not complete all of this week’s activities, just try your best, keep busy and have fun! There are lots of fun activities to keep your creative minds busy.

Keep your eyes open for any more posts later in the week.

Love from,
Miss McInally x

Learning Grid- Week beginning 22.06.20

Multiplication Activity Grid

Maths Investigation Challenge Cards

Mental Maths Challenge Cards

Summer-Code Breaking Activity

End of Year Round Up- Listening and Talking Activity

End of Year Scrapbook

Europe Landmarks Reading Comprehension Activity

Reading Challenge Cards

Writing Challenge Cards

Home Sports Day Certificates

Home Sports Day Challenge Cards

Home Sports Day Design a Poster

Home Sports Day Leader Board

Positive Thinking Challenge Cards

Pen Pal letter template

Art and Design Challenge Cards

General Knowledge Quiz

My Star Moments at Home

Origami Lotus Flower Craft Instructions

The Big End of the Year Odd One Out Quiz

SUMMER ARTS AND CRAFTS- Hand Print Sunflowers Craft Instructions

SUMMER ARTS AND CRAFTS- Ice-Cream-Cone Craft Instructions

SUMMER ARTS AND CRAFTS- Paper-Plate Sun Craft Instructions

SUMMER ARTS AND CRAFTS- Seaside In A Bottle Craft Instructions

Extra Learning Resources

Virtual Sports Day- 17th June 2020
As you probably know, we missed our normal Sports Day a couple of weeks ago… but no need to worry! Tomorrow, an exciting event it taking place across Dundee- a Virtual Sports Day!

The aim of the ‘Ultimate Virtual Sports Day’, is to support your ‘School House’ by scoring points through taking part in each sports challenge. The more pupils from your school house that take part the more points you will score.

In addition to scoring lots of house points, you can also challenge your classmates or family to see if they can beat your score!

Click on the link below for more information on the different sports challenges and how to submit your challenges and collect your points! Good luck!
CAMHS Survey
I wanted to let you know about a survey from CAMHS, which stands for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. CAHMS help children and young people with their emotional and mental wellbeing. They are currently redesigning their website and they would like to know about your views and ideas. Click on the link below to do a survey link below to share your ideas and suggestions.

Remember I am always here to listen and if you need any help ❤️

Love,
Miss McInally x

P5 Home Learning- Week beginning 15.06.2020

Good morning Primary 5! I hope you all had a fantastic week last week and had some fun. If your week wasn’t what you wished for, remember I always here to listen and this week is a new, fresh start.

Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to share any learning or what you have been up to! I would love to hear from you.

Again, please do not worry if you do not complete all of this week’s activities, just try your best, keep busy and have fun!

Love from,
Miss McInally x

Learning Grid- Week beginning 15.06.2020

3-digit Subtraction Activity Sheet

4-digit Subtraction Activity Sheet

Subtracting 4 digit numbers

Capital Cities- Place Value Activity

Measuring Length- Challenge Cards

Pirate Themed Mental Calculations Code Breaker – Multiplication and Division – 1 Chilli

Pirate Themed Mental Calculations Code Breaker – Multiplication and Division – 2 chilli

Fairtytale Story Board

Homophones Activity Pack

Reading Challenges

Spelling Challenge Activity Cards

Spelling Words 15.06.20

VCOP Challenge Activity Cards

Home Safety

Look to the future activity

Resilience Alphabet

Design Your Own Flower Activity Instructions

My Flower Design Activity Sheet

Prayer Journal

Recyclable Materials and Plastics

Recycling Sorting Activity

P5 Home Learning- Week beginning 08.06.2020

Hello Primary 5! I hope you all had a super weekend and are all doing okay. I’m always thinking of you all and missing you lots.

I have included more fun Numeracy, Literacy, Health and Wellbeing and other activities in our Grid for this week. Remember, you could choose an activity from each area to try each day or whatever works best for you and your family. If a document is underlined in the grid, this means it is a separate document (these are all listed at the bottom of this post). There are also some links to websites in the grid.

Remember, do not worry if you do not have a printer and cannot print some of the activities, just write your answers on paper or in your jotter. You can also use paper or any scrap paper to create some of the resources you may need.

Due to additional work, I will not be posting on our Teams page or Blog this week. Please do get in touch though if you need any help accessing learning or have any questions.

You can check out the school’s Twitter for extra learning ideas or visit our previous blog posts for extra learning resources.

Again, please do not worry if you do not complete all of this week’s activities, just try your best, keep busy and keep smiling!

Love from,
Miss McInally x

Learning Grid- Week beginning 08.06.2020

Pirate Themed Mental Calculations Code Breaker – Addition and Subtraction – 1 Chilli

Pirate Themed Mental Calculations Code Breaker – Addition and Subtraction – 2 chilli

Place Value Ordering 4 Digit Numbers Activity

Snakes and Ladders With 2 3 4 and 5 Times Tables Board Game

Puzzles and Problems

2A Spelling Activities- 08.06.2020

2B Spelling Activities- 08.06.2020

3 Spelling Activities- 08.06.2020

Powerful Verbs PowerPoint

Uplevelling Verbs Challenge Cards

Space Walks Comprehension

Word Tennis Instructions

Word Tennis Pictures

Food Groups and a Healthy Diet

Different Diets

Sports Day Activity Cards

Resilience Alphabet

20 Activity Ideas for Walks

Book Bridge Activity

Family Prayer Sheet

Cereal Box Guitar – Craft Instructions

Cereal Box Maze – Craft Instructions

Cereal Box Puppet Theatre – Craft Instructions

Cereal Box Teddy Bear – Craft Instructions

Cereal Box Weaving – Craft Instructions

Additional Learning Resources

Lockdown Update 

Good afternoon Primary 5! I hope you’ve all had a super start to your week and are trying some of this week’s learning activities.
As you will know, the rules of Lockdown changed a little at the end of last week. I know this can be tricky to understand but it is important we know and follow the new rules. Click on the link below to see a document that you might find helpful 🙂 .
Column addition and subtraction
It feels like a long time since we were in our normal classroom learning about column addition and subtraction! Click on the links below to watch videos to remind you of the different steps-
Column addition (without renaming)-

Column addition (with renaming)-

Column subtraction (without renaming)-

Although this video is for 3 digit numbers, it is still very useful and the same method for 4 digit numbers.

Column subtraction (with renaming)-

Remember to use concrete materials- these could be anything in your house! For example, board game pieces, Lego, pasta, jigsaw pieces… or you could draw pictures to represent the different numbers. Also remember to create and use a place value chart to help you. See the picture below for an example… I’ve used Scrabble letters turned over as my concrete materials.
Keep your eyes open tomorrow as I am going to post some step by step pictures to show you. Remember to watch the videos as many times as you like, use concrete materials or pictures and take your time! You can do this! ⭐
Column addition and subtraction- further resources 
I have created 2 new PowerPoints with step by step reminders of how to solve 4 digit addition and subtraction problems using the column method.
Although these PowerPoints are for 4 digit numbers, the method is the same for 3 digit numbers. Also remember, we have learned how to use this method in class (although it may feel like a long time ago!) so these should just be a reminder. Do not worry if you are finding these problems more tricky to complete at home. Use the PowerPoints to help you, use concrete materials and take your time! You can do this! Remember our Learning Pit. Please remember I am always here to help you, so ask questions on our Teams page if you would like some extra help.
You may notice there are not any activities on column addition and subtraction for this week but I know some of you may be working through learning at a different pace and revisiting previous activities. I thought this would be helpful if you need it at any time.
Happy Learning 🙂

P5 Home Learning- Week beginning 01.06.2020

Good morning Primary 5,

I hope you all had a lovely week last week and enjoyed your weekend in the sunshine!

I’ve created another Learning Grid for this week, which includes more Numeracy, Literacy, Health and Wellbeing and other activities. Remember, you could choose an activity from each area to try each day or whatever works best for you and your family. If a document is underlined in the grid, this means it is a separate document (these are all listed at the bottom of this post). There are also some links to websites in the grid.

Remember, do not worry if you do not have a printer and cannot print some of the activities, just write your answers on paper or in your jotter. You can also use any scrap paper to create some of the resources you may need.

Remember to still try to log into Teams if you can (contact the school office if you are not sure of your login). There is also a blog post on Teams Instructions to help you. I would love to hear from you and see some pictures of your learning. I miss all of your smiling faces! 

Also, a little reminder to try the numeracy resource- MyMaths. It has great activities suited to you and some fun new games! Everyone has an individual username and password. If you would like to access this resource, please contact Mrs Davidson by emailing st-pius@dundeecity.gov.uk with your child’s name and class included in the email. She will get the information sent out to you as soon as possible.

You can also check out the school’s Twitter for learning ideas or visit our previous blog posts for extra learning resources. Keep your eyes open for any new extra learning resources that may be posted throughout the week.

Enjoy the sunshine, try to get some fresh air and try some activites outdoors, if you can. Remember, I am always here if you need any help or would like to share any learning. 

Stay safe. 

Love,

Miss McInally

Learning Grid- Week beginning 1.06.20

Coin Flip Chance Experiment

Mental Maths Worksheet

Place Value Reading and Writing 4digit Numbers

Times Table Stepping Stones

Creative Writing Question Prompts

Would you rather..

Story Cube

Cube template

Spelling Activities Challenge Cards

Spelling Words 01.06.2020

Animal Healthy Snack Ideas

Resilience Alphabet

Art Activity

Fun With Density

The Ten Commandments

The-Ten-Commandments-colouring

P5 Home Learning- Week beginning 25.05.2020

Hello Primary 5! I hope you all had a super weekend!

I am working in Clapypotts Community Service Centre this week so I will not be posting as much on here or on our Teams page. Please do get in touch though if you need any help accessing learning or have any questions. I am always happy to help.

I have uploaded this week’s Learning Grid and activities below. Remember, Monday is a bank holiday so take a break from learning, enjoy the time with your family and hopefully the sun is shining!

Remember to still try to log into Teams if you can (contact the school office if you are not sure of your login). There is also a blog post on Teams Instructions to help you. I would love to hear from you and see some of the activities you have tried!

You can also check out the school’s Twitter for learning ideas or visit our previous blog posts for extra learning resources.

Stay home and stay safe. I miss you all very much!

Love from,
Miss McInally x

Learning Grid- Week beginning 25.05.20

4 Digit Place Value Matching Cards

Mental addition and subtraction worksheet

Mental addition and subtraction worksheet- Answers

Times Table Poster

Times Table Stepping Stones

Rainforest Calling- Reading Comprehension

Roll a Dice Word Challenge

The Story of the Oyster and the Butterfly

Fitness Monopoly

How to Grow a Rainbow

The Good Samaritan

Feast of the Ascension

Feast of the Ascension

Tomorrow, Thursday 21st May, we celebrate the feast of the Ascension. Watch this short video to learn about Jesus’ Ascension.

We would normally all join together as a school community to celebrate Mass on this day. If you cannot ‘tune in’ to a local Mass, please join Bishop Toal, who is offering a Mass for our school communities, at 11am tomorrow via facebook live at www.rcdom.org.uk.

Miss McInally