Spring Forward, Fall Back

Next weekend our clocks go back and I always use the sentence above to remind me whether to add or subtract an hour. I love autumn and was lucky enough to be out and about in some lovely countryside during our week off school. Everyone is back with stories of fun and activities during the break and we have quickly settled down to the life of the school community. It is always nice to hear the children greet each other excitedly as if they hadn’t been together in weeks! The lines were full of chat and laughter and as I visited each class everyone was doing their “check-in” to share the best parts of the time out of school.

I know we adults often say that we don’t know where the time goes; especially in the context of all that we have to do, but seriously- how did we get to October so soon?!

This is a great term in school. Every term is packed full of learning and fun but with Halloween, Bonfire Night and of course Christmas all included in this one there is just an extra special buzz about the place. We will always try and keep you informed about everything that is coming up and with Parents  Nights,  and a new look Scots Event also being organised there will be plenty to get involved in so please check our website and watch out for the next newsletter in November. Class Dojo storyboards are also a great way to get a snapshot of what is happening and the messaging service is proving very popular too.  We all look forward to meeting up with as many of you all as possible and welcoming you into school throughout the coming months

Mrs Wieczorek