Daily Challenges: Tuesday 24th March (martes, el veinticuatro de marzo)

I’m learning something new again – how to write a blog! Somebody suggested this would be a great way of setting you some challenges if the internet is being a bit slow and I can’t upload files, so let’s see if it works…

Challenges and things to do
  1. Literacy – what words can you make from these scrabble letters? You can only use each tile once. Write down the words you make.

2. Mental maths – Add the numbers up in the corners to see how much each word is worth. The photo below shows you an example. What is the highest score you can get?

Wait until 3pm before posting your answers to these challenges on the new ‘Daily Challenge’ page in Teams so that everyone has a chance to have a go. Maybe you have scrabble at home – if so, challenge somebody to a game!

Other things to do today

It doesn’t matter what time you do these, or what order you do them in.

Reading – Pick a fiction or non fiction book to read. Then pick a literacy challenge from your home pack and either write in your jotter or complete your challenge on paper. Put a photo on ‘The Library’ page in Teams if you can (you might need to wait til later in the day when the internet is less busy). If you haven’t got your home pack yet, tell me some facts you learnt (if your book is non ficton) or draw a mind map to describe the main character in your book (if it is fiction).

Tuesday is PE day, so check out the assignments that Miss Bainbridge has posted on the general page. You all have your own file.

Art – How to draw Rennie Mackintosh roses. Watch these videos and give this a try. Don’t worry if you don’t have a sharpie or some of the other art materials – be inventive and think what else you could use! I’ve put a new page ‘The Art Gallery’ on our Teams page. Take a photo of your artwork and post it in the gallery if you can.