Week beginning 25.02.19

Class Meeting

We had our first ‘class meeting’ about what we enjoy and what we would like to change in our classroom. – Arjun

We wanted to change the play zones a little bit – Lena

We wanted to add some new dojo point options so that sometimes we can get 2 points instead of always 1 – Jamie

We decided to change the wet area as we are a bit bored of the job that is there. We are going to have water instead of sand. – Tylar

Class meetings allow us to share our opinion about our learning and classroom environment. One person will make notes so that we have a record of our decisions and discussions.

Maths

We have been learning about vertices and edges on 3D shapes. – Amy

We found it funny that we were learning about 3D shapes and we are the 3D class! – Sophie

We know that the cube is a special shape as it can have a lot of nets, maybe even 10 or 12! – Grant

We used blu-tac to help us count the faces, edges and corners of shapes. – Meishana

We have a play zone now where we have to make 3D shapes by creating their nets. We got to do this in Maths this week and enjoyed it a lot. – Alex

Writing

We were doing story writing this week. – Ashar

We did story writing about Shrek, Fiona and Donkey. – Osa

We had to continue the Shrek story from when he was rescuing Princess Fiona from the dragon. – James B.

We watched a bit of the Shrek movie and we had to continue the story from when they were running down the path away from the dragon. – Luca

We had to make sure the characters were still in our story. – Rebecca

We used highlighters to go over our full stops and capital letters to make sure we were using them properly. – Eilidh

We had to use the success criteria to make sure our story was good. – Lola

Music

We were looking at crotchet and quaver notes again and we had to make a 6-beat rhythm. – Callum

I brought my drum into school and I played some rhythms. Lots of people liked my first song. – Arran

RME

In RME we were learning about Islam and where Muslims worship. – Johnny

They worship at the Mosque and we were learning that Muslims do 5 prayers a day. – Arjun

In the Mosque you would find a Qiblah which is a fancy wall that faces Mecca. Also a washing area where Muslims wash their hands, feet, face and mouth before entering the Mosque and they take off their shoes as well. – Sophie

We also found out about prayer mats. They use those for praying because they pray on the ground. – Luca

I told the class a bit about Islam – Ashar

Literacy – Alphabetical Order

We were learning about alphabetical order and putting words in order beginning with a, b, c and d and other letters. – Rebecca

For alphabetical order if things are not in order you can rub them out and do them again and put them in order with the right letter of the alphabet. – Tylar

We need to look at the second letter if the first letter of some words is the same. – Holly

ICT

I enjoyed looking at Google Maps. – Oliver

Our job was to look up local castles and see what they looked like. – Logan

We went onto Google Maps and searched for local castles.  We searched for Crathes and Drum and other local castles so that we could see what they looked like inside and outside.  We could see where they are compared to Cults. – Arjun

2 thoughts on “Week beginning 25.02.19”

1. How grown up… a class meeting! Great way of getting the children to express themselves and their views/likes/ dislikes!!! What a wonderful idea well done Miss D.
    How cool were the castles that got built last week… glad we kept our new shoe boxes!!!
    The creative writing sounds like fun… and the alphabetical weird sorting is great.
    Conor enjoyed learning about other faiths and we discussed the differences to our Christian faith and beliefs. I believe it is good for the children to learn about others beliefs as it enables them to explore the diversity of faith and encourages tolerance and acceptance. Go RME….
    Much good stuff going on in P3D… 👍🏻

2. I really need to proof read my comments…. lol…. predictive text aint “all that”…. it can’t read minds which is a bummer!!! 😂